Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Arsene virtually in tears in the interview when asked if he was sad that he wouldn't

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Totally different group of players playing in a totally different era of football.

Each of them, or most of them, superbly gifted but equally as hard as fúck. Would kick your bollócks in to win a game of football. The generic term you often read bandied about is “real men”. Players who the opposition would see in the tunnel and the job was half done.

Now compare that to the current bunch. Gifted for sure but there is a continued group weakness, week after week and season after season.

You could probably argue that not one current player would make the teams of the Bergkamp era, not one would certainly make a Wenger best 11 and that includes the sometimes mercurial German.

I was watching that game at OT last weekend and was thinking about how shít, how benign and how generally meaningless it was compared to the days when it was the biggest match of the entire football season. In one thought it encapsulated the group of ****s we currently employ.
    Change is afoot, SW. I think Minsilant and Sanhelli are born winners and I, for one, welcome the fact that they are being given a significant amount of influence at the club.

While I'd hate to see us win the Athletico way (ugly and bordering on illegal), I would be happy with a more gritty approach. This is the main reason that I would like to see Allegri come in. He doesn't appear to be a man that suffers fools gladly & I think some members of the squad would be in for quite a shock were he to be appointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Change is afoot, SW. I think Minsilant and Sanhelli are born winners and I, for one, welcome the fact that they are being given a significant amount of influence at the club.

While I'd hate to see us win the Athletico way (ugly and bordering on illegal), I would be happy with a more gritty approach. This is the main reason that I would like to see Allegri come in. He doesn't appear to be a man that suffers fools gladly & I think some members of the squad would be in for quite a shock were he to be appointed.
    Shut up you arséhole.

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    He also possessed a win at all costs mentality and that’s something lacking throughout our entire squad. The talent is there but we play as 11 individuals. I’d even accept a different managerial approach could turn around our current back four. It’s a great opportunity for whoever comes in. We only need some fine tuning and we also appear to have a rich seam of young talent coming through..
    Dennis? Win at all costs? You must remember a very different Dennis Bergkamp to me.

The Dennis I remember went missing with frustrating regularity for someone of his ability.

A great player, but let's not pretend he was something he wasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Dennis? Win at all costs? You must remember a very different Dennis Bergkamp to me.

The Dennis I remember went missing with frustrating regularity for someone of his ability.

I think he meant win at all costs unless it involved an airport.

Shut up you arséhole.
    How often do you see them playing free-flowing, attacking football? How often do you see them using good 'game management' (petit fouls, time wasting etc). While they are second in the league, they have scored just 55 goals (around 30 fewer than the bigger teams and the least in the top 5).

I cannot speak for you, however, I can safely say that this is not the sort of football I wish to see from The Arsenal.

How often do you see them playing free-flowing, attacking football? How often do you see them using good 'game management' (petit fouls, time wasting etc). While they are second in the league, they have scored just 55 goals (around 30 fewer than the bigger teams and the least in the top 5).

I cannot speak for you, however, I can safely say that this is not the sort of football I wish to see from The Arsenal.
    I'd like to see the defensive side at Arsenal but considering the strikers they have, a bit more flair wouldn't go amiss

I think he meant win at all costs unless it involved an airport.
    ...or a penalty against Manchester United.

#neverforgetneverforgive

...or a penalty against Manchester United.

#neverforgetneverforgive

He bloody telegraphed where he was going to put it

I agree with you 100%, I always felt there was loads more he could have achieved with us
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

We have only scored 12 more than that and a lot of them have come in the last 4 or 5 home matches
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar