Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Can’t Wenger just go now?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    he never wins a ball only receives a pass and if it is above waist height he wont even challenge for it

Quote Originally Posted by devongunner View Post
    he never wins a ball only receives a pass and if it is above waist height he wont even challenge for it
    Similarly, Overmars was never really good at heading away crosses, iirc.

Tell us who you'd rather have, d?
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

You know what I mean about challenging for a ball above waist height. Nothing to do with defending crosses.

Any one of Eriksen, Coutinho, Dembele, plus a few others. It may be that he can only play brilliantly in a strong side. Germany, Real Madrid and maybe it is just because the rest of the Arsenal side are pygmies. I hope that is the case but when will we evr get those great players during his time

You know what I mean about challenging for a ball above waist height. Nothing to do with defending crosses.

Any one of Eriksen, Coutinho, Dembele, plus a few others. It may be that he can only play brilliantly in a strong side. Germany, Real Madrid and maybe it is just because the rest of the Arsenal side are pygmies. I hope that is the case but when will we evr get those great players during his time
    As with Overmars; you can only afford to carry those type of players, including Ozil, when your defence is strong. But expecting those players to do defensive stuff is futile.

I think we all know our defence is somewhat weaker than a new born lamb.

I also think that, if his achilles tendon rolled back up his calf - which it looked like it did from where Kos was holding his leg, that is Koscielny's career over.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Not talking about him doing defensive stuff. If he can only play in a very strong team then he is not for us sadly because we have a poor defence. It doesn't change the fact Wenger should have gone four years ago or that he is not a great manager as he has never won in Europe. Even Benitez managed that. I really think he tainted his legacy if there is such a thing by hanging on so long. Should we be grateful because he turned down so many other clubs

Not talking about him doing defensive stuff. If he can only play in a very strong team then he is not for us sadly because we have a poor defence. It doesn't change the fact Wenger should have gone four years ago or that he is not a great manager as he has never won in Europe. Even Benitez managed that. I really think he tainted his legacy if there is such a thing by hanging on so long. Should we be grateful because he turned down so many other clubs
    looking at it differently, how much worse would we be if we did not have Ozil?

Agreed - I always thought Wenger's eschaton was written when he had the invincibles season. Top that!

Wenger's zero Euro trophies versus games played in Europe is, without doubt a piss, piss poor record.

[QUOTE=IUFG;4208125]looking at it differently, how much worse would we be if we did not have Ozil?

Probably no worse because as you said earlier he is stuck with poor players ahead and behind him. Funnily enough I think Aubameyang and Mkhitaryan will make him look improved but doesn't alter fact defence and Xhaka are crap.
    Wenger never developed young players. Walcott, Ox , Jenks plus countless others. he either played them at full back or gave them one game and sent them away. Nketiah had a great debut but not seen except on bench since. Thanks Arsene but goodbye. I for one am glad the time has arrived and I just hope I have long enough to see another great team. Will still be renewing the season ticket of courser