Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: There is a certain symmetry to Costa drawing the curtain on the Wenger era

There is a certain symmetry to Costa drawing the curtain on the Wenger era

The ****ing turdish **** of a man.

Quote Originally Posted by AFC East View Post
    The ****ing turdish **** of a man.
    This is one of those moments where all of the stoic, loyal argumentation for keeping Wenger for the last few seasons comes home to roost. It's been allowed to go on for far too long and we've now been left with the team we deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    This is one of those moments where all of the stoic, loyal argumentation for keeping Wenger for the last few seasons comes home to roost. It's been allowed to go on for far too long and we've now been left with the team we deserve.
    We were in a tie against one of the best teams in Europe until the very end and aside from a pretty lucky goal for them in London, might have beaten them. We also have arguably our best striker unavailable for the competition.

Our away league form has been woeful, but I don't think we were that poor over two legs against a top side.

Costa was ****ing turdish **** of a man btw.

We were in a tie against one of the best teams in Europe until the very end and aside from a pretty lucky goal for them in London, might have beaten them. We also have arguably our best striker unavailable for the competition.

Our away league form has been woeful, but I don't think we were that poor over two legs against a top side.

really?

There is fúck all lucky about doing your homework and realising the oppoistion's defence is shít at dealing with direct football.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    really?

There is fúck all lucky about doing your homework and realising the oppoistion's defence is shít at dealing with direct football.
    The lucky bit was the deflection and the slip. Unless of course Simeone planned that.

The lucky bit was the deflection and the slip. Unless of course Simeone planned that.
    PLay that ball enough times, that sort of thing will happen.

They played that ball enough times. We're still shít at defending it.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    PLay that ball enough times, that sort of thing will happen.

They played that ball enough times. We're still shít at defending it.
    It was a lucky goal and we were in the tie to the last minute. If we were that bad at defending those kind of balls nobody would ever try and pass it through us.

I can accept a defeat against a top side. But, that 11 we put out did very little to prove to the on-looker that they were prepared to fight for it. You could see the spirit getting sucked right out of them in that second half. They were an embarrassment to the fans who followed them out there. The press will tear them to bits for the way they capitulated. There's no winning mentality in this club. We have become a parody of the Spurs teams we used to mock when we were a genuine top side.

I can accept a defeat against a top side. But, that 11 we put out did very little to prove to the on-looker that they were prepared to fight for it. You could see the spirit getting sucked right out of them in that second half. They were an embarrassment to the fans who followed them out there. The press will tear them to bits for the way they capitulated. There's no winning mentality in this club. We have become a parody of the Spurs teams we used to mock when we were a genuine top side.
    Pretty much like the Chelsea team that finished 10th and then won the league easily the following season. Clearly we need 2 or 3 defenders and a keeper, but this set of players is not as bad as the recent record suggests. I think there is hope for next season, maybe not of winning it, but at least of making the top 3. City just look stupidly good.

You could quite clearly see there was a strategy to press AM high up the pitch early on, in both halves. After 15 minutes in both halves it wasn't clear what our strategy was.

We appeared to get the ball out wide lots. The crossing was awful.

We didn't go down the midlle because of how tight they defended. We had one long range shot from Xhaka.

Tbf to Mesut, he went wide right and left and was almost always available in the centre. Lacazette was well marshalled by Godin and Gimenez

**** me, to have two defenders like them...