Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Recruiting for a job and I'm struck by the ineptitude of graduate CVs.

Recruiting for a job and I'm struck by the ineptitude of graduate CVs.

One girl lists under Key Skills 'Journalist for Fandom Wikia' (????), as well as 'Emotional intelligence' and
    'Passionate Cosplayer and Pop Culture enthusiast' (????????).

Meanwhile, straight after claiming she has 'Keen attention to detail', she says she has 'Exceptional skills in Microsoft Office and Abode Systems'

This girl has an MA and has spent five years in higher education.

Another genius felt the need to tell me his 'Ethnic background' was 'Caucasion' and list his 'Religion' as 'None'.
    Yet another applied for a job in journalism and gave as the first line in his application 'I am looking for a job to further a career in computing/software development'.

I despair.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    One girl lists under Key Skills 'Journalist for Fandom Wikia' (????), as well as 'Emotional intelligence' and

Meanwhile, straight after claiming she has 'Keen attention to detail', she says she has 'Exceptional skills in Microsoft Office and Abode Systems'

Another genius felt the need to tell me his 'Ethnic background' was 'Caucasion' and list his 'Religion' as 'None'.
    Yet another applied for a job in journalism and gave as the first line in his application 'I am looking for a job to further a career in computing/software development'.

I despair.
    can he rise to the Caucasion?
    Last edited by Pat Vegas; 05-03-2018 at 08:43 AM.

I despair.
    We've already established that Nones get everywhere

Lol...I was required to do a course on Emotional Intelligence at work

The only thing I learnt was that I work with a bunch of weak minded sensitive types.

During the course they showed movie clips as examples...one of them was that baseball won where Tom hanks is screaming at the girl and then speaker paused it and said - who would like to explain what was wrong here

I sat there thinking - I’m glad I’m getting paid for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    Lol...I was required to do a course on Emotional Intelligence at work

The only thing I learnt was that I work with a bunch of weak minded sensitive types.

During the course they showed movie clips as examples...one of them was that baseball won where Tom hanks is screaming at the girl and then speaker paused it and said - who would like to explain what was wrong here

I sat there thinking - I’m glad I’m getting paid for this.

What I strongly suspect, t, is that people claiming to have 'emotional intelligence' are attempting to cover for the fact that they lack actual intelligence. It's like when people say fat birds have a 'great personality'.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    can he rise to the Caucasion?
    Climie ?
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Climie ?
    Oh, r. You're just the most 80s man in the world, aren't you?

I despair.
    Wait until you ask them to add something up, b. We have students here who arrive with an A in A Level Maths. THey then proceed to struggle with even the most basic calculations and have to take a remedial maths class in their first year.

I once greeted 50 graduates at an overseas graduation ceremony. Not one of them could speak english.

Education isnt what is used to be (nothing is) .....

Oh, r. You're just the most 80s man in the world, aren't you?
    I certainly think I'd like to be
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Wait until you ask them to add something up, b. We have students here who arrive with an A in A Level Maths. THey then proceed to struggle with even the most basic calculations and have to take a remedial maths class in their first year.

I once greeted 50 graduates at an overseas graduation ceremony. Not one of them could speak english.

Education isnt what is used to be (nothing is) .....
    It does sometimes feel like the backlash against rote learning has simply resulted in them not learning anything.

I had to correct a junior yesterday (English graduate) because she said 'You and I' when she should have said 'You and me' and said 'amount' when she should have said 'number' in the space of a minute.

She seemed outraged by the 'You and I' thing. She said 'I was always taught it was right to say 'You and I'!'