Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: San Francisco looks nice these days

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    A dutiful nephew visiting an aunt, r. Also a poor student traveller seeking free accommodation and food
    That's what they all say, mate

"Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Your aunt's a nun? Cool.

Was it like the convent in The Devils? Lots of sexual frustration and writhing about naked?
    More like something out of Hammer House of Horror - actually that was more my Great Aunt's convent in St Albans - that was terrifying

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    More like something out of Hammer House of Horror - actually that was more my Great Aunt's convent in St Albans - that was terrifying
    Nuns creep the fvck out of me. There's a convent near Ware and they keep turning up in town nunning and being scary.

Monks, on the other hand, I find inherently funny.

Nuns creep the fvck out of me. There's a convent near Ware and they keep turning up in town nunning and being scary.

Yes - odd that. Monks are just not scary. Not that I see many of them even living in a city named after Monks. Nuns get everywhere though

Decent drink in monasteries too

"Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

San Diego's the one for me. Just a lovely, lovely place.

Austin, which lots of people raved about before I went, I found to be a 100-degree hellhole full of lefties and college kids.

Not been to Austin or San Diego. Apparently, Austin is the best place to raise a family in America. San Diego is supposed to be fabulous. I hear good things about both Portland and Seattle.
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Decent drink in monasteries too

Mind you, they're also to blame for Chartreuse, Benedictine and Buckfast, so they've a lot to answer for.

I once puked myself inside out having consumed too much (ie some) green Chartreuse. It was colourful, I'll say that for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Alberto Balsam Rodriguez View Post
    Not been to Austin or San Diego. Apparently, Austin is the best place to raise a family in America. San Diego is supposed to be fabulous. I hear good things about both Portland and Seattle.
    Austin is just too fvcking hot, I'm afraid. Anywhere that's 80 degrees at 11pm can just fvck off.

San Diego's the one for me. Just a lovely, lovely place.

Austin, which lots of people raved about before I went, I found to be a 100-degree hellhole full of lefties and college kids.
    Only really saw Coronado Bay and Loews Hotel when I was there but did seem a very nice city when driving through. Mostly sat on the balcony drinking beer and watching low flying airplanes and helicopters going to and from the massive Naval base

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Only really saw Coronado Bay and Loews Hotel when I was there but did seem a very nice city when driving through. Mostly sat on the balcony drinking beer and watching low flying airplanes and helicopters going to and from the massive Naval base
    Yes, I did a lot of that, too. I found a place that served bottles of London Pride, which made it especially ace, since I didn't have to drink American beer, which - even with the craft beer revolution - is terrible.

IPA my arse.