Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fvck me but Diane Abbott is a thick, useless lump of lard

Fvck me but Diane Abbott is a thick, useless lump of lard

The Home Secretary's just had to resign, Labour should be making easy capital from it, but then they wheel out Abbott and she can barely string a sentence together. In fact, all she manages to do is to leave everyone utterly confused as to what Labour's immigration policy is.

https://twitter.com/Jamin2g/status/990868894343626752

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    The Home Secretary's just had to resign, Labour should be making easy capital from it, but then they wheel out Abbott and she can barely string a sentence together. In fact, all she manages to do is to leave everyone utterly confused as to what Labour's immigration policy is.

I've met her a couple of times. I don't agree with (all of) her politics and I don't think she's a very good politician, but she is a very ****ing long way from thick. Quite the reverse.

Quote Originally Posted by AFC East View Post
    I've met her a couple of times. I don't agree with (all of) her politics and I don't think she's a very good politician, but she is a very ****ing long way from thick. Quite the reverse.
    B likes to believe that all lefties are thick. He takes comfort in it and it helps him to understand how they can possibly believe what they do.

I mean, Theresa May is no intellectual heavyweight.....

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    B likes to believe that all lefties are thick. He takes comfort in it and it helps him to understand how they can possibly believe what they do.

I mean, Theresa May is no intellectual heavyweight.....
    Maybe not, but she is a far better politician than Ms. Abbot and given that this is the career they have both chosen, she wins.

Political threads on awimb (and most other social media) tends to the polarisation of each other's views. It makes for very poor discussion, but it does remove the need to listen or to keep an open mind.

The whole left/right distinction is so reductive, you can almost ignore any debate that uses the terms as a short-hand.

Maybe not, but she is a far better politician than Ms. Abbot and given that this is the career they have both chosen, she wins.

Political threads on awimb (and most other social media) tends to the polarisation of each other's views. It makes for very poor discussion, but it does remove the need to listen or to keep an open mind.

The whole left/right distinction is so reductive, you can almost ignore any debate that uses the terms as a short-hand.
    Ah, so you are a Liberal Democrat, then!

Bloody centrists......

a quite spectacular level of ineptitude there, tbf
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Your personal experience is of course valid. I, on the other hand, have never met the woman and can only go on her public utterances. In her professional role, she is unfailingly incoherent, rambling, easily flustered, has a pathetically poor grasp of detail in general and her brief in particular. She is now basically a guaranteed car crash interview for any half-competent TV or radio presenter - to such an extent, in fact, that she has to be kept away from such confrontations as far as is possible given the fact that she is the Shadow for one of the great offices of state.

So I guess we are confronted with the question of to what extent an inability to do one of the most basic aspects of the job one has chosen is indicative of intellectual shortcomings? Is she stupid or simply incompetent? And to what extent does one imply the other?

All I will say with respect to your personal testimony is that if she's not thick, she does a damn good impression of it.

And that is without even starting to address her poltical views...

Your personal experience is of course valid. I, on the other hand, have never met the woman and can only go on her public utterances. In her professional role, she is unfailingly incoherent, rambling, easily flustered, has a pathetically poor grasp of detail in general and her brief in particular. She is now basically a guaranteed car crash interview for any half-competent TV or radio presenter - to such an extent, in fact, that she has to be kept away from such confrontations as far as is possible given the fact that she is the Shadow for one of the great offices of state.

So I guess we are confronted with the question of to what extent an inability to do one of the most basic aspects of the job one has chosen is indicative of intellectual shortcomings? Is she stupid or simply incompetent? And to what extent does one imply the other?

All I will say with respect to your personal testimony is that if she's not thick, she does a damn good impression of it.

I think that - pretty much without exception - intelligent people are able to add up. See also Jeremy '2 Es at A level' Corbyn.

How are her t!ts though? Anything I should pay attention to?

I dont think stupidity and incompetence are necessarily the same thing. One might be thoroughly hopeless at one thing and wonderful at another. You also shouldn't assume that politicians enter politics because they think they are going to be good at it. At the level of a backbencher it is the perfect job for someone of good moral standing and very little brain- and far better money than such an individual would earn elsewhere. Total and complete incompetence only tends to come to light when one accepts a role in government.

Some of the lowly politicians I have met are among the stupidest people I have ever encountered. THe same can also be said for academics.