Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When are we likely to get the new man in?

When are we likely to get the new man in?

It looks as if Ivan, Raul and Sven have their targets but can’t agree and one by one they’re slowly dropping out of the race ie Vieira and Arteta being told no by City, Lowe citing potential burnout, Enrique wanting the Justin Bieber monies, Ancelotti taking up the Italy job etc etc

Not sure if Allegri is even a leading candidate...he strikes me as the type who if he was a legit target would be the only person being discussed.

Anyways to my point...one of our issues over the last 5 seasons (maybe more) has been out indecisiveness and failure to execute player transfers (in and out) quickly enough.

Best examples...waiting till the last possible moments to sign the likes of Arshavin, Ozil, Arteta when we needed them much sooner etc and failing to get rid of Alexis....granted we got away with this but only just.

People blamed Wenger for this but what if this wasn’t all his fault and the club has a deeper problem with this sort of thing?

Could we come back from the World Cup with only Bouldie at the helm?

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    It looks as if Ivan, Raul and Sven have their targets but can’t agree and one by one they’re slowly dropping out of the race ie Vieira and Arteta being told no by City, Lowe citing potential burnout, Enrique wanting the Justin Bieber monies, Ancelotti taking up the Italy job etc etc

Not sure if Allegri is even a leading candidate...he strikes me as the type who if he was a legit target would be the only person being discussed.

Anyways to my point...one of our issues over the last 5 seasons (maybe more) has been out indecisiveness and failure to execute player transfers (in and out) quickly enough.

Best examples...waiting till the last possible moments to sign the likes of Arshavin, Ozil, Arteta when we needed them much sooner etc and failing to get rid of Alexis....granted we got away with this but only just.

People blamed Wenger for this but what if this wasn’t all his fault and the club has a deeper problem with this sort of thing?

Stewart Houston imo
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

The new manager is known and effectively in place T.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    The new manager is known and effectively in place T.
    I don't think this is true

I had a dream last night that they announced the appointment and the new man was... my old maths teacher who was paralysed down one side of his body, had to have a leg brace and who (I assume) has been below ground for at least a couple of decades.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I had a dream last night that they announced the appointment and the new man was... my old maths teacher who was paralysed down one side of his body, had to have a leg brace and who (I assume) has been below ground for at least a couple of decades.
    Well he doesn't sound like much of an improvement on Wenger at all, might actually be worse.
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    I don't think this is true
    Well it goes without saying that I have absolutely nothing factual to base my assertion on however I refuse to believe we would pull the trigger on the old man without having his replacement more or less in place.

One has to pay respect etc. to wherever he is currently employed, plus also to AW for the final few games which already are becoming a circus without him being asked every time he is in front of a camera how he thinks Allegri/Nagelmann/Enrique will do. Christ even Guardiola is getting asked.

Season finishes, world cup starts, we are back, window closes earlier than normal. All very congested without having to do managerial interviews.

The club needs to be on the case with new players already. While the top level duo of Sannlehi + Muslintat may be directing operations the new man must surely have an input also.

I rather like the idea of just waiting. Wait all summer, and appoint the new man about two days before the transfer window shuts in August. Then when they do appoint the new man, it turns out to be someone who was available and ready to start back in May.
    Marvellous. Go on Ivan.
    Last edited by Just Trent; 04-30-2018 at 01:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Well it goes without saying that I have absolutely nothing factual to base my assertion on however I refuse to believe we would pull the trigger on the old man without having his replacement more or less in place.

One has to pay respect etc. to wherever he is currently employed, plus also to AW for the final few games which already are becoming a circus without him being asked every time he is in front of a camera how he thinks Allegri/Nagelmann/Enrique will do. Christ even Guardiola is getting asked.

Season finishes, world cup starts, we are back, window closes earlier than normal. All very congested without having to do managerial interviews.

The club needs to be on the case with new players already. While the top level duo of Sannlehi + Muslintat may be directing operations the new man must surely have an input also.
    I concur, sw

Quote Originally Posted by Just Trent View Post
    I rather like the idea of just waiting. Wait all summer, and appoint the new man about two days before the transfer window shuts in August. Then when they do appoint the new man, it's turns out to be someone who was available and ready to start back in May.
    Marvellous. Go on Ivan.
    I think Arsenal can go one better than that, using your timescale but how about a player-manager? :internalcheapsolutions:
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'