Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Granit Xhaka

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    I'm intrigued now, what did the 'pundits' say?
    **** off *******s you're a **** basically

I'm intrigued now, what did the 'pundits' say?

Should have gone for a deliberate handball which was a) not a handball and b) not deliberate. Itself a stunning piece of inaccurate punditry.

Was apparently walking a tightrope with respect to staying on the pitch, which when faced with the Spanish equivalent of Snidey McSnide in the opposition team could be true.

I guess some players just have a reputation around them and will always be singled out in this way. A pity really as I thought he and MN did very well against a much more star studded opposition trio.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Should have gone for a deliberate handball which was a) not a handball and b) not deliberate. Itself a stunning piece of inaccurate punditry.

Was apparently walking a tightrope with respect to staying on the pitch, which when faced with the Spanish equivalent of Snidey McSnide in the opposition team could be true.

I guess some players just have a reputation around them and will always be singled out in this way. A pity really as I thought he and MN did very well against a much more star studded opposition trio.
    Hmmmm, I didn't see that description of him at all.

I thought he did ok, for large spells of the game but he does appear to lack focus during his defensive duties.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Hmmmm, I didn't see that description of him at all.

I thought he did ok, for large spells of the game but he does appear to lack focus during his defensive duties.
    I see the Guardian is keeping it up this morning:

The last sentence in particular being brilliant, as if our exit on Thursday night will be directly linked to his performance.

“There are many problems for Arsène Wenger’s successor to grapple with over the summer but the current manager has a shorter term matter with which to grapple: how to concoct a happy ending to his time in charge, starting with defeating Atlético Madrid on Thursday and reaching the Europa League final. Granit Xhaka, who is likely to start in the Spanish capital, once again demonstrated what a liability he can be in a vital position. The midfielder tracked back but then needlessly went to ground as Manchester United scored their first, was booked, and then could have been sent off, all before half time. That sort of performance has been typical of his time at the club, leading to doubt over his future at the Emirates Stadium. More of the same in Spain and Wenger can forget the dream send-off.”

I see the Guardian is keeping it up this morning:

The last sentence in particular being brilliant, as if our exit on Thursday night will be directly linked to his performance.

“There are many problems for Arsène Wenger’s successor to grapple with over the summer but the current manager has a shorter term matter with which to grapple: how to concoct a happy ending to his time in charge, starting with defeating Atlético Madrid on Thursday and reaching the Europa League final. Granit Xhaka, who is likely to start in the Spanish capital, once again demonstrated what a liability he can be in a vital position. The midfielder tracked back but then needlessly went to ground as Manchester United scored their first, was booked, and then could have been sent off, all before half time. That sort of performance has been typical of his time at the club, leading to doubt over his future at the Emirates Stadium. More of the same in Spain and Wenger can forget the dream send-off.”
    poor lad has got a reputation, that is for sure.

How this could ever, in a million years, be a red card, is fúcking beyond me.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

I like him as a pundit and in general find him to be quite fair. He actually likes us but I think we frustrate him to buggery as he sees us make continued errors as you say in his old position.

Much rather listen to his criticisms than the likes of Redknapp or Savage. Even Thierry is annoying.
    Spot on - genuinely wants us to do well.

Hold on, he wasn't even playing but you have cleverly managed to twist this around to criticism of the lad from Caerphilly. That alone is a skill.

You're officially obsessed. Like Neg with doping, but not.

p.s. Xhaka - I am beginning to run out of patience despite him being a wonderfully graceful footballer.

For the record I do think Sky were extremely OTT on him.

TBH, I was quite disappointed with Auba yesterday. He was there in body only. AMN and the Greek bloke at the back were outstanding and Xhaka did have a much better 2nd half.
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Quote Originally Posted by Alberto Balsam Rodriguez View Post
    TBH, I was quite disappointed with Auba yesterday. He was there in body only. AMN and the Greek bloke at the back were outstanding and Xhaka did have a much better 2nd half.
    You clearly weren't watching the runs he was making

Hold on, he wasn't even playing but you have cleverly managed to twist this around to criticism of the lad from Caerphilly. That alone is a skill.

You're officially obsessed. Like Neg with doping, but not.

p.s. Xhaka - I am beginning to run out of patience despite him being a wonderfully graceful footballer.

For the record I do think Sky were extremely OTT on him.
    Or perhaps you're too sensitive about your favourite Welsher? I made no comment on the game. I made a comment on how poor a midfield partnership Xhaka and Ramsey are, which doesn't single out Ramsey in any way. Nor Xhaka for that matter. It doesn't even blame the pair of them directly as the responsibility for playing them together sits with the manager, not them.

I can imagine either of them playing much better if they played with a different partner and in a different system. But playing them together in 4231 has been a disaster imo. That doesn't make me obsessed, it was a very sensible and defendable comment.

P.S. Anaconda is a c*nt and can f*ck off.

well he’s Wenger’s last captain so you know what that means

Can’t wait for the new manager to restore some legitimacy and pride back into the role. Wenger destroyed the captains role with some wired Australian leadership group thingy.