Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I want Ancelotti, why is this an unpopular opinion?

I want Ancelotti, why is this an unpopular opinion?

the man is a winner., he's not that old.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    he managed that Milan team, f
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Chelsea scum, innit. Like Gallas and Cech etc.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

He's a gun for hire rather than a long-term appointment, I suppose. His MO is to go in, do a good job, win some stuff and leave. Nothing wrong with that, of course, but I'm not sure it's what the club is looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    He's a gun for hire rather than a long-term appointment, I suppose. His MO is to go in, do a good job, win some stuff and leave. Nothing wrong with that, of course, but I'm not sure it's what the club is looking for.
    I think it would be quite good for a while.
    it would give a bit more time to actually a new drippy long term manager.

I think it would be quite good for a while.
    it would give a bit more time to actually a new drippy long term manager.
    You may be right. Whoever takes over immediately from AW with a view to being long-term manager is fvcked anyway (this never works out). It may well be better to get a capable caretaker in for a couple of seasons.

It is a very difficult appointment as although we will never again see a 20 year old management term the new person should be coming in and allowed a period of about 5 years to turn things around and create a team of his own making. Ancelloti would perhaps not be the worst option as he will be intelligent and experienced enough to deal with the wobbles, and boy will there be wobbles. A younger gun may crack.

I think there is a larger rebuild needed than perhaps some may allow themselves to admit – keeper, 2-3 defenders, a new midfield player.All first team players, no speculative youth purchases who may one day come good. We have enough of them.

As mentioned to Red earlier there alone is about 150m. Probably not all this summer but soon enough, next 2-3 windows.

You may be right. Whoever takes over immediately from AW with a view to being long-term manager is fvcked anyway (this never works out). It may well be better to get a capable caretaker in for a couple of seasons.
    But what if this capable caretaker of yours wins us the European Cup?

That's why I really think, to the board, who our manager is really doesn't matter anymore, now we've successfully, and rather peacefully, removed Arsene Wenger. Two months or two years or ten years; what difference does it make
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    But what if this capable caretaker of yours wins us the European Cup?

That's why I really think, to the board, who our manager is really doesn't matter anymore, now we've successfully, and rather peacefully, removed Arsene Wenger. Two months or two years or ten years; what difference does it make
    Well the fans used to blame the board of everything. then it became wenger. now the board got rid of wenger.
    why did they get rid of him? do we need to be back to 4th place? unfortunately it's going to take a bit of an impact to encourage our horrid fanbase to return to the emirates to fill it up. And this will cost money.

The fans won't be happy back to 4th place trophy days we have to start to competing.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    It is a very difficult appointment as although we will never again see a 20 year old management term the new person should be coming in and allowed a period of about 5 years to turn things around and create a team of his own making. Ancelloti would perhaps not be the worst option as he will be intelligent and experienced enough to deal with the wobbles, and boy will there be wobbles. A younger gun may crack.

I think there is a larger rebuild needed than perhaps some may allow themselves to admit – keeper, 2-3 defenders, a new midfield player.All first team players, no speculative youth purchases who may one day come good. We have enough of them.

As mentioned to Red earlier there alone is about 150m. Probably not all this summer but soon enough, next 2-3 windows.
    So, essentially, the new chap must get us back into the Champions League for the season after next. Otherwise, why are we giving him 150 million quid.

On the other hand, spending all that money so quickly would actually be the same as signing his own "mutual agreement", as Wenger himself knew only too well.