Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Was the ref good last night? I thought he started well then decided

Was the ref good last night? I thought he started well then decided

not to call any fouls at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    In thought he was exceptional throughout, didn't fall for the trying to get our players booked and seemed to let the game flow quite well.
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    In thought he was exceptional throughout, didn't fall for the trying to get our players booked and seemed to let the game flow quite well.
    Can we have him for the 2nd leg?

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    Not that it excuses anything, but I did think the challenge on Welbeck that led to their goal was a foul.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Not that it excuses anything, but I did think the challenge on Welbeck that led to their goal was a foul.
    There we a few around that part of the game that he waved off. Ramsey got caught a few times.

Clear trip

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Letting the game flow is all very well, but not when it means failing to blow up for a foul that allows the scoring of an away goal that fundamentally affects the outcome of the tie.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Clear trip
    Clearly, but Welbeck then dived in an over theatrical manner which meant the ref was having none of it.

Still, defenders should be able to deal with a straight, long ball. And even then, Kos got on the goal side of Griezmann and then tried to play the ball back over his own head. PUT IT IN THE FúCKING STAND
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Letting the game flow is all very well, but not when it means failing to blow up for a foul that allows the scoring of an away goal that fundamentally affects the outcome of the tie.
    Not sure you can have it both ways though, to be honest.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Not sure you can have it both ways though, to be honest.
    No. Which is why praising a referee for 'letting the game flow' is silly. What is actually meant is 'not doing his job properly'.