Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: What a contrast in organising a defence.

What a contrast in organising a defence.

Moments earlier there were 3 yellow shirts chasing down Lacazette

They did to us what our better Wenger sides use to do...tough to break down 2 banks of 4 especially with a world class player waiting for any chance. So many sides we made mince of with just 10 men back in the day.

I know he set up the goal but I would’ve brought off Wilshere sooner...he’s way too slow and he’d get to the first bank and have to pass it sideways...no penetration.

We needed to hurt them before they could reset...should’ve brought on Eddie, Iwobi or Kolasinac and let Ozil be one to zip the ball about. Actually the game was made for one Kola’s shots.

Anyways to late now...tie is lost...no way we’re scoring at their place. A nil nil takes then through and that’s their bread and butter. Simeone will run them into the ground in training just for this game.

Our lot will head straight onto Instagram and Snapchat.

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    Moments earlier there were 3 yellow shirts chasing down Lacazette
    I've already nailed my colours to the Simeone mast.

And please, bring Oblak and Godin with you, Diego
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    They did to us what our better Wenger sides use to do...tough to break down 2 banks of 4 especially with a world class player waiting for any chance. So many sides we made mince of with just 10 men back in the day.

I know he set up the goal but I would’ve brought off Wilshere sooner...he’s way too slow and he’d get to the first bank and have to pass it sideways...no penetration.

We needed to hurt them before they could reset...should’ve brought on Eddie, Iwobi or Kolasinac and let Ozil be one to zip the ball about. Actually the game was made for one Kola’s shots.

Anyways to late now...tie is lost...no way we’re scoring at their place. A nil nil takes then through and that’s their bread and butter. Simeone will run them into the ground in training just for this game.

Our lot will head straight onto Instagram and Snapchat.
    Totally agree about Wilshere, He dispelled any lingering doubts about whether or not the next manager should show him the door.
    He looked a lost figure meandering about most of the time. Not overly comfortable in possession.
    Let's be honest here, he's a niggling little short arse.
    Last edited by 7sisters; 04-27-2018 at 07:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    Totally agree about Wilshere, He dispelled any lingering doubts about whether or not the next manager should show him the door.
    He looked a lost figure meandering about most of the time. Not overly comfortable in possession.
    Let's be honest here, he's a niggling little short arse.
    Brief, flitting moments of decent stuff, followed by lots and lots of Ray Wilkinsesque crabbing
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Brief, flitting moments of decent stuff, followed by lots and lots of Ray Wilkinsesque crabbing
    Exactly.. Two things that struck me from that game. The total commitment and organisation of their defence. Our inability to exploit the advantage, when piling on the pressure. We lacked that bit of extra quality in the final third.

Us: 28 shots, 8 on target.
    Them: 6 shots, 5 on target.
    Shíte.
    When I was young and full of rage
    I hated Tottenham to the core
    But now I've reached a gentler age
    I hate the fùckers even more.

Butch Wilkins, the fake Beckenbaur. Would stand in midfiled, foot on the

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    ball while scanning his options to pick the killer pass that would open up his opponents defence; only to realise he was too fúcking thick to consider such a thing so would just crab the **** sideways as usual.