Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Things that confuse and anger me - multiple choice bins.

Things that confuse and anger me - multiple choice bins.

Plastics, General Waste and Paper.

If I've got something that contains plastic and paper, what am I supposed to do with it? Invariably, it ends up in the General Waste bin. What's the point?

When did bins start expecting us to do all the fvcking work?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post

If I've got something that contains plastic and paper, what am I supposed to do with it? Invariably, it ends up in the General Waste bin. What's the point?

It's not like they don't have to sort it out again at the waste plants, as everyone gets it wrong anyway

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    It's not like they don't have to sort it out again at the waste plants, as everyone gets it wrong anyway
    In Millwall, there is a fvcking massive plant with incredibly sophisticated camera-based technology designed specifically to sort all this sh1t out. Why am i being expected to bother. And don't get me started on the whole 'wrong type of plastic' sh1t. Am I expected to have a degree in materials science before I can be trusted to chuck away a crisp packet correctly?

Fvck off!

At work we simply have recycling and general. However, there is one jobsworth that will send around one email per week saying ‘you do realise that if ONE piece of non-recyclable litter is placed in the recycling then it is all treated as general waste.’ That was fine but last week he printed this message out and left a copy on everyone’s desk

There was something on the box the other week that pointed out the all of this sifting and sorting was mostly bollox. The separation infrastructure just isn't in place. I was told the other day that tins had to be washed out before putting them in a bin, in order to have any sort of chance of being recycled properly.
    Govt's really ought to make sure they can at least go halfway towards genuine recycling before putting people through all this stuff, only for it to end up in landfill. Oh, and don't get me started on local community tips. Ours employs 10 blokes who stand around all day doing mostly f*ck all, while wearing high viz jackets, directing people.... 'over there mate, no, the one at the end'.

I suspect we are actually doing it for the benefit of the council so their contracted collection company gives them kickbacks when they sell our recycled waste.
    And we pay for the privilege for them to do this. What a great system.

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    There was something on the box the other week that pointed out the all of this sifting and sorting was mostly bollox. The separation infrastructure just isn't in place. I was told the other day that tins had to be washed out before putting them in a bin, in order to have any sort of chance of being recycled properly.
    Govt's really ought to make sure they can at least go halfway towards genuine recycling before putting people through all this stuff, only for it to end up in landfill. Oh, and don't get me started on local community tips. Ours employs 10 blokes who stand around all day doing mostly f*ck all, while wearing high viz jackets, directing people.... 'over there mate, no, the one at the end'.
    And they supplement their income by taking anything that might be worth a couple of quid for themselves.