Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Last Friday I did what I *think* would fall into Awimb's definition of "all-day

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Exactly. It's pure marketing with no substance whatsoever. I would dearly love to see a blind tasting with some of these gin hipsters. I'd happily put money on Asda's 'Happy Alky Value Gin' (or whatever it's called) would do as well or better than some of those three or four times its price.
    No beer whatsoever I had to sit in 'The Snug'.......

Given that me and my initial companion had each done ten pints of Guinness we were remarkably well behaved.

sw is quite the sophisticate. He frequents the cocktail bars of Dublin ordering Italian drinks.

I mean he then clearly downs them in one and demands more, but you can't ask for miracles.
    A man is more than the sum of his habits.

sw is quite the sophisticate. He frequents the cocktail bars of Dublin ordering Italian drinks.

I mean he then clearly downs them in one and demands more, but you can't ask for miracles.
    This was in Barcelona. Jesus christ man a bar in Dublin that didn't serve beer. Are you mad?

He was fúcking about with ice spheres and the like. Outrageous scenese as I was nearly passing out with the thirst.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    A man is more than the sum of his habits.
    A monk isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    This was in Barcelona. Jesus christ man a bar in Dublin that didn't serve beer. Are you mad?

He was fúcking about with ice spheres and the like. Outrageous scenese as I was nearly passing out with the thirst.
    A chap making - say - a Vieux Carre has an excuse for taking a while, since there are a lot of ingredients and fvcking about. A Negronis should be a matter of moments.
    Mind you, it can't be easy concentrating with the likes of you sitting there staring at the bartender with your tongue out and occasionally upending our empty glass in the hope of squeezing another drop of alcohol out of it.

A chap making - say - a Vieux Carre has an excuse for taking a while, since there are a lot of ingredients and fvcking about. A Negronis should be a matter of moments.
    Mind you, it can't be easy concentrating with the likes of you sitting there staring at the bartender with your tongue out and occasionally upending our empty glass in the hope of squeezing another drop of alcohol out of it.
    Were you the lad at the end of the bar?

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Were you the lad at the end of the bar?

:here: No. if I’m honest, I’m describing my own behaviour in such circumstances.

Exactly. It's pure marketing with no substance whatsoever. I would dearly love to see a blind tasting with some of these gin hipsters. I'd happily put money on Asda's 'Happy Alky Value Gin' (or whatever it's called) would do as well or better than some of those three or four times its price.
    I could pick Gordons out just by the smell, was the 1st drink I ever threw up on and it's taken the thick end of 30 years to get over my fear of Gin. Still can't (and wouldn't want to) go near Gordons