Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Last Friday I did what I *think* would fall into Awimb's definition of "all-day

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    All of those drinks taste the same.
    Even when I am over their they tell me try this one or that one.
    It's going to be bitter innit?'
    I like bitter drinks, tbf. I'm suspicious of people who want sweetness in their alcohol. It suggests to me that they don't really like the taste of alcohol.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    drinking"

I started at midday with an aperol spritz (it was sunny!) and by the time the day was out I think I'd imbibed about 8 pints of lager, half a bottle of prossecco, two "Ned-gronis" and......errr, I think that's it.

Anyway, impressive, I'm sure you'd agree.

The odd thing was, the next day I wasn't really hungover at all. Is this what happens when you take it steady?
    Only time i've ever done that was the day i left school when i was 16. It ended with me having my finger stitched in A&E

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I like bitter drinks, tbf. I'm suspicious of people who want sweetness in their alcohol. It suggests to me that they don't really like the taste of alcohol.
    After a skinful of Guinness on Wednesday night I had to go to a 'gin lounge' to meet some colleagues. Two huge gin and tonics and pleasant conversation.

Not my scene at all...

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    After a skinful of Guinness on Wednesday night I had to go to a 'gin lounge' to meet some colleagues. Two huge gin and tonics and pleasant conversation.

Not my scene at all...
    People have got terribly silly about gin. Granted, the arrival of Bombay Sapphire was hugely welcome to a market limited to the Beefeaters and Gordons of this world, but now things have just become ridicules. At the end of the day, it's just fvcking gin - a drink of the poor.

And actually, my favourite is still Gordons Export.

'Gin lounge' ffs!

People have got terribly silly about gin. Granted, the arrival of Bombay Sapphire was hugely welcome to a market limited to the Beefeaters and Gordons of this world, but now things have just become ridicules. At the end of the day, it's just fvcking gin - a drink of the poor.

And actually, my favourite is still Gordons Export.

'Gin lounge' ffs!
    They boast of having over 150 gins. I seemed to annoy the **** out of them by asking Bombay Sapphire.

Naturally they didnt have it so they gave me one that was 'similar in taste' for twice the price.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    They boast of having over 150 gins. I seemed to annoy the **** out of them by asking Bombay Sapphire.

Naturally they didnt have it so they gave me one that was 'similar in taste' for twice the price.
    Exactly. It's pure marketing with no substance whatsoever. I would dearly love to see a blind tasting with some of these gin hipsters. I'd happily put money on Asda's 'Happy Alky Value Gin' (or whatever it's called) would do as well or better than some of those three or four times its price.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    drinking"

I started at midday with an aperol spritz (it was sunny!) and by the time the day was out I think I'd imbibed about 8 pints of lager, half a bottle of prossecco, two "Ned-gronis" and......errr, I think that's it.

Anyway, impressive, I'm sure you'd agree.

The odd thing was, the next day I wasn't really hungover at all. Is this what happens when you take it steady?
    I was recently in a so called "bar" which did not sell beer (one for the Trades Description Act there I think).

Anyhow when pushed I opted for a Negroni as I have heard so much about them, on here and other places, quite often the Dutch food and wine ponce.

My official TripAdvisor review would be nice, but took the lad longer to make it than me to drink it - which is fundamentally wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I was recently in a so called "bar" which did not sell beer (one for the Trades Description Act there I think).

Anyhow when pushed I opted for a Negroni as I have heard so much about them, on here and other places, quite often the Dutch food and wine ponce.

My official TripAdvisor review would be nice, but took the lad longer to make it than me to drink it - which is fundamentally wrong.
    It really shouldn't. It's a doddle to make. One part gin, one part Martini Rosso, one part Campari. Orange, ice, a quick mix and Bob's your uncle.

It really shouldn't. It's a doddle to make. One part gin, one part Martini Rosso, one part Campari. Orange, ice, a quick mix and Bob's your uncle.
    Actually, his uncle's Seaiorigh. And he's also his grandfather.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Actually, his uncle's Seaiorigh. And he's also his grandfather.
    sw is quite the sophisticate. He frequents the cocktail bars of Dublin ordering Italian drinks.

I mean he then clearly downs them in one and demands more, but you can't ask for miracles.