Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So the season we fail to qualify, Barcelona, Real Madrid and Bayern Munich

So the season we fail to qualify, Barcelona, Real Madrid and Bayern Munich

are all beatable. Timing really is everything, isn't it? Those bloody Scousers are going to walk it.

Bayern look a really old team all of a sudden.

Maybe we should get an ex player in as manager...that Zidane chap seems a bit good imo

Unfortunately our lot all seem to have their issues -

GOD10 - doesn’t fly
    Adams - nice dance moves but a bit of a loon
    Vieira - in City’s back pocket
    Arteta - see Vieira
    Bouldie - yes man
    Remi - failed manager
    Overmars - too short
    Henry - all talk...should walk into Ivan’s office and demand it...Mickey and Gunnersaurus will help him get in...but he’s happy with his TV work and whatever it is he does in Belgium.

Only really leaves...

Lunatic Nelson Vivas - doing a decent job in Argentina
    Giovanni - would be a bold appointment
    Sol23 - the same...

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    Maybe we should get an ex player in as manager...that Zidane chap seems a bit good imo

GOD10 - doesn’t fly
    Arteta - see Vieira
    Bouldie - yes man
    Remi - failed manager
    Overmars - too short
    Henry - all talk...should walk into Ivan’s office and demand it...Mickey and Gunnersaurus will help him get in...but he’s happy with his TV work and whatever it is he does in Belgium.

Only really leaves...

Sol23 - the same...
    Of all those options the one I'd love to see is Vivas. That would be constantly amusing.

Mind you, a season under Fruitloop Campbell would be quite the soap opera, wouldn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    are all beatable. Timing really is everything, isn't it? Those bloody Scousers are going to walk it.

Bayern look a really old team all of a sudden.
    This assertion of yours sadly ignores are own stellar performance levels of course. :cough:

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Of all those options the one I'd love to see is Vivas. That would be constantly amusing.

Mind you, a season under Fruitloop Campbell would be quite the soap opera, wouldn't it?
    The banter would be lovely, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post

GOD10 - doesn’t fly
    Arteta - see Vieira
    Bouldie - yes man
    Remi - failed manager
    Overmars - too short

Only really leaves...

Sol23 - the same...
    Being ‘bold’ is something that both Ivan and Arsene have used to discuss our choice of manager. To me this suggests a choice has been made that is perhaps not the obvious choice. Whether that’s an ex player (Arsene even said that this would be positive) or someone like Ragnick remains to be seen.

I do think it rules out a big name coach, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Being ‘bold’ is something that both Ivan and Arsene have used to discuss our choice of manager. To me this suggests a choice has been made that is perhaps not the obvious choice. Whether that’s an ex player (Arsene even said that this would be positive) or someone like Ragnick remains to be seen.

I do think it rules out a big name coach, though.
    It could also suggest going for a big name, something for which we're not famed. You can't take any of the ex player candidates seriously. I mean, look what happened to the prodigal Shearer as he wandered through the gates of St James's with the life raft.

Nelson Vivas...here’s him ripping his shirt off in rage about a bad decision vs Boca

To be fair Giovanni Van Bronckhorst is the biggest name of the lot imo lol

In his first full season, Van Bronckhorst led Feyenoord to win the 2015–16 KNVB Cup after the club defeated Utrecht 2–1 in the final.

In his second season, Van Bronckhorst won the Eredivisie title, Feyenoord's first in 18 years.

....sounds promising imo