Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IUFG - an HR related question

IUFG - an HR related question

So someone wants to retire (not me you understand, I am FAR too young for that, and skint ) but they want the payoff they would get if they were made redundant. In my case, that will be a year's salary.

So what would HR do if the bloke comes to them and says I want to retire but I want a package? If they say no, the bloke can take the piss until they have to get rid of him and pay him anyway, no?

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    So someone wants to retire (not me you understand, I am FAR too young for that, and skint ) but they want the payoff they would get if they were made redundant. In my case, that will be a year's salary.

So what would HR do if the bloke comes to them and says I want to retire but I want a package? If they say no, the bloke can take the piss until they have to get rid of him and pay him anyway, no?
    I asked our head of HR if she could look at redundancy when I was leaving London in 2002 after 14 years of working for them. I knew they had no real plan to replace me locally instead absorbing a lot of my work in our other offices.

She laughed and told me to fúck off. Literally. She was Irish of course so we were able to speak freely with each other.

How we laughed that night at the leaving drinks in The Chapel.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post

No such thing as retirement any more, age discrimination and all that. There is still 'pensionable age' etc as per current statute and with your pension providers.

A person now has to give notice of their intention to leave, as they would if they were going to a new company.

Your mate could ask of course, but if there is no redundancy situation, the company is highly unlikely to pay out.

Take the piss and it would likely to become a misconduct issue and disciplinary action could be taken. Follow this route and a dismissal with notice could take place but that is likely only to be the notice period (max 12 weeks). Gross misconduct could find them out of a job with fúck all notice.

there is nothing wrong with asking HR or their manager (without prejudice) for a settlement agreement.

From a company perspective...why pay someone to leave?
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    No such thing as retirement any more, age discrimination and all that. There is still 'pensionable age' etc as per current statute and with your pension providers.

A person now has to give notice of their intention to leave, as they would if they were going to a new company.

Your mate could ask of course, but if there is no redundancy situation, the company is highly unlikely to pay out.

Take the piss and it would likely to become a misconduct issue and disciplinary action could be taken. Follow this route and a dismissal with notice could take place but that is likely only to be the notice period (max 12 weeks). Gross misconduct could find them out of a job with fúck all notice.

there is nothing wrong with asking HR or their manager (without prejudice) for a settlement agreement.

He might threaten to shít on the floor of the MD's bog. What are they going to do? They can't prove it's his shíte.

Think on, i. I think you've displayed a worrying naiveté here.

In other news, your advice re Peterborough pubs was well received; now onto grub. Can you recommend a fine hostelry serving the spicy food of the sub-continent?

Fúcking killjoy.

Down with HR. Down with IUFG.

Down with all this sort of stuff in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    He might threaten to shít on the floor of the MD's bog. What are they going to do? They can't prove it's his shíte.

Think on, i. I think you've displayed a worrying naiveté here.

In other news, your advice re Peterborough pubs was well received; now onto grub. Can you recommend a fine hostelry serving the spicy food of the sub-continent?
    the pub is on a retail park, sc but it is decent and shows the football.

There is a run of curry houses on Lincoln Road. I haven't visited any of them tbh.

The http://www.tajmahalpeterborough.co.uk is supposed to be ok.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Fúcking killjoy.

Down with HR. Down with IUFG.

Down with all this sort of stuff in general.
    meh. I don't make the rules, sw

the pub is on a retail park, sc but it is decent and shows the football.

There is a run of curry houses on Lincoln Road. I haven't visited any of them tbh.

The http://www.tajmahalpeterborough.co.uk is supposed to be ok.
    Very kind, i.

meh. I don't make the rules, sw
    You are the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    You are the rules.