Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: IUFG - an HR related question

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    I used to like them, first couple of albums. Box Frenzy, This is the Day etc.

No such thing as retirement any more, age discrimination and all that. There is still 'pensionable age' etc as per current statute and with your pension providers.

A person now has to give notice of their intention to leave, as they would if they were going to a new company.

Your mate could ask of course, but if there is no redundancy situation, the company is highly unlikely to pay out.

Take the piss and it would likely to become a misconduct issue and disciplinary action could be taken. Follow this route and a dismissal with notice could take place but that is likely only to be the notice period (max 12 weeks). Gross misconduct could find them out of a job with fúck all notice.

there is nothing wrong with asking HR or their manager (without prejudice) for a settlement agreement.

From a company perspective...why pay someone to leave?
    Hmmm - this sounds very depressing, I was banking on a year's salary when I finally decide to go.

I'm willing to bet that you could take the piss in a way that didn't lead to a misconduct charge but at the same time made them want to get rid of you. Plus, with banks moving more and more people to low cost centres I would think they would be pretty open to a 60+ person approaching them and saying I'm ready to leave for a redundancy package. It's one year' cost for many years savings.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Hmmm - this sounds very depressing, I was banking on a year's salary when I finally decide to go.

I'm willing to bet that you could take the piss in a way that didn't lead to a misconduct charge but at the same time made them want to get rid of you. Plus, with banks moving more and more people to low cost centres I would think they would be pretty open to a 60+ person approaching them and saying I'm ready to leave for a redundancy package. It's one year' cost for many years savings.
    A bit of soldiering and rule bending might help make you persona non-grata that could help with the settlement agreement approach
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post

and then pay as much as you can into your works pension to get you down to a low tax bracket, then retire and take 25% of it tax free... best saving plan known to man coming towards then end of his working life
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    and then pay as much as you can into your works pension to get you down to a low tax bracket, then retire and take 25% of it tax free... best saving plan known to man coming towards then end of his working life
    a max of £40k annual tax free pension contributions. You'd need to be on Monty's salary to afford that...
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

a max of £40k annual tax free pension contributions. You'd need to be on Monty's salary to afford that...
    Is the 40k your own contribution, or combined individual and company contribution???
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Is the 40k your own contribution, or combined individual and company contribution???
    Total contributions whether by employee or employer or both, I think.

I'm no expert in this area.