Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Arsene has just admitted that the timing of his departure was ‘not really my decision

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Now you would say that, wouldn’t you?? Who knows what the taxman is reading...

I strongly suspect that you employ someone to ensure that you are as tax efficient as possible.
    wouldn't we all.

but imagine being in a very high profile job where your pay off is speculated about in the national press.

then try flying your tax liability under the radar...
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

‘.

Ivan only went and bloody sacked him. This makes me think that a replacement MUST already have been secured.
    Getting a bit sick of this long goodbye already. Another three weeks of this to come. Season can't end soon enough imo

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Yes, there is. For a start, there's the profoundly dishonest presumption that the government knows better how to spend my money than I do. Did they do 25% of my work? If not, why give them 25% of my money.

Taxes is basically treason against mankind.
    The government fears that you wont spend much of your money on roads, health insurance, military, adequate policing....... it is just easier if they take it and spend it on these things. You can get on with your life and not worry about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Trent View Post
    Getting a bit sick of this long goodbye already. Another three weeks of this to come. Season can't end soon enough imo
    Well I must say that I’m quite looking forward to winning the Europa League.

Hopefully we do.
    It would be a proper European trophy imo.

I admire your optimism R.

That's it mind you. Apart from that I think you are an absolute bell-end. Just to be clear.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    The government fears that you wont spend much of your money on roads, health insurance, military, adequate policing....... it is just easier if they take it and spend it on these things. You can get on with your life and not worry about it.
    As I said, that is a profoundly dishonest presumption: I live on a couple of dozen acres of my own property, have comprehensive private healthcare and insurance, a decent stash of firearms, a pack of hunting dogs and a flock of wild geese.

The trouble with you is, you is a lefty and therefore wilfully immature and terrified of personal responsibility; essentially frightened of growing up and looking after yourself. You're delighted, and relieved, your government agrees to save you the trouble by playing mummy and daddy.

I'd tell you to man up, but it's almost certainly too late for that, in your case
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I wouldn't mind if everyone paid the same. They should share the burden equally.

I appear to be paying for 6 or 7.
    That's the thing, isn't it. It's alright if it's six or seven people you know and may care about. Your hounds, for instance. Your wife, your kids; people like that.

But when was the last time the government bought you a dog biscuit, a sheepskin blanket and a new collar? How about some of that saucy Parisian lingerie you like, a few nights in the Caribees and a new Range Rover? A knife-and-fork supper and a decent bot of your favourite champagne? And I bet they never even imagine you might fancy a pair of the latest y-3's, a new Nintendo game and a comic book, a bottle of pop and some sweets?

It's the bland, indifferent, impersonal nature of the thing that grates and destroys both spirit and soul. It isn't their fault really but government doesn't care what you want, it doesn't care what you like and it doesn't care what you get because it's not their money.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Privately-funded roads that charge tolls, p.
    If I don't pay health insurance, that's down to me.
    A police force is inimical to individual freedom and ought to be done away with and replaced by private security.

Government has a role to play in national defence and the operation of the law. That's it. Everything else would be better left to private capital and market forces.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    That's the thing, isn't it. It's alright if it's six or seven people you know and may care about. Your hounds, for instance. Your wife, your kids; people like that.

But when was the last time the government bought you a dog biscuit, a sheepskin blanket and a new collar? How about some of that saucy Parisian lingerie you like, a few nights in the Caribees and a new Range Rover? A knife-and-fork supper and a decent bot of your favourite champagne? And I bet they never even imagine you might fancy a pair of the latest y-3's, a new Nintendo game and a comic book, a bottle of pop and some sweets?

It's the bland, indifferent, impersonal nature of the thing that grates and destroys both spirit and soul. It isn't their fault really but government doesn't care what you want, it doesn't care what you like and it doesn't care what you get because it's not their money.
    I agree, r. Mind you, it has to be said that this is a bit rich coming from a chap who has had much of his professional life funded by the taxpayer.