Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Arsene has just admitted that the timing of his departure was ‘not really my decision

Arsene has just admitted that the timing of his departure was ‘not really my decision

‘.

Ivan only went and bloody sacked him. This makes me think that a replacement MUST already have been secured.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    ‘.

Ivan only went and bloody sacked him. This makes me think that a replacement MUST already have been secured.
    I think it was sort of you will be sacked so quit type thing.
    Otherwise if I was Wenger i'd tell them to piss off and walk out now.

‘.

We all knew this R. Didn't need him to tell us. His demeanor on Sunday made this quite clear.

Petulant old fúcker.

What should I have noted about his demeanour? Or do you mean the dropping of players that he had no say in purchasing etc?

What should I have noted about his demeanour? Or do you mean the dropping of players that he had no say in purchasing etc?
    Didn't even notice that as I simply saw his selection as preparation for tomorrow night's hammering.

He probably wanted to do it after the Europa League was over when he could just walk away quietly but the club’s preference is to give him a grand send off.

Mickey mentioned yesterday about his going away party and how much the club b are spending on it...and that’s internal only. The external stuff in the stadium for the last home game or even an Europa League / Wenger parade will be huge.

Pretty sure most people in his position would like to avoid stuff like this...

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    We all knew this R. Didn't need him to tell us. His demeanor on Sunday made this quite clear.

Petulant old fúcker.
    Right. He would never have "quit".
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Right. He would never have "quit".
    Nobody quits these days. its too expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Correct. If you walk you get nothing.

Get pushed, you get your notice period.

£10m :kerching:
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Not Premier League football managers surely? They can write their own ticket, I'd have thought. If they choose to leave, their contracts are still paid up, or out, anyway, aren't they?
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."