Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Apparently Ivan wants Arteta, Raul wants Enrique and Sven wants Naglesmann

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    (what of Wenger's coaching staff; are they off too?).
    It may well be Boro's fault all along...
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by Just Trent View Post
    Rock-Paper-Scissors ?

And why does nobody want Mickey Pearce?
    --

Got a call at 2AM last Monday from Ivan asking me check in with Raul and Sven first thing in the morning.

Thought I was going to get my P45 but they wanted me to organise Arsene's Surprise Going Away party.

That was the first I was told he was leaving

They gave me a budget of £100k plus which is to cover the event and a gift.

Also got to go around like a sap asking people to sign his card Jesus Christ....I hate this bit.

Not sure what to get him for a gift....might get him a nice watch. Got it down to a Rolex Milgaus, a Jaeger Le Colture Master Ultra Thin Annual Perpertual Calender or the Omega Speedmaster Man on the Moon...he's into his space stuff so maybe something like that with a nice engraving on the back.

Anyone know anything about Cakes? I was going to bake my own but can't be ar sed. Plus I need to do a special one just to placate Hector and his vegan / gluten free diet he's been doing.

Kind Regards

Your Best Mate

Mickey Pearce

PS - All I know is Ancelloti is off the list because he was being a little too pushy...mo fo even started whats apping me so he could get an interview.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I suppose it's too late for Cruyff?
    Maccabi Tel Aviv might have something to say about that!*

* answer involved google.

Quote Originally Posted by AFC East View Post
    Maccabi Tel Aviv might have something to say about that!*

* answer involved google.
    Is this Jordi?

Funny how he ended up a shadow of his father.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    I thought one of the journo chaps on Sunday Supplement made quite a good point re who we appoint next. It was more or less that there is no obvious choice at this point i.e. a Klopp, Pochettino or Pep, so rather than reach for a young manager who might fail badly (which would be a disaster after letting Wenger go) the club should appoint someone they see as being able to take the club forward for the next 2-3 years as they look for a long term solution.

That sort of feels like Ancelotti or Enrique - neither of whom I can see being here 10 years from now
    No manager we appoint is going to be here in ten years time, I think. We didn't give Wenger a twenty year contract at the start, did we. He had to earn it, and also want it. But He also has a certain work ethic that doesn't really exist anymore.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Fúcking hell, it's still really shocking when you're confronted by it. It's like the weeks after your dad dies, every so often you consciously remember and it's a shock again.
    Weeks? Still can shock me after the best part of 33 years. This could be the same

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    As all the others report to Ivan, I would imagine that Ivan will get his way.

That being said, Ivan is not a footballing man whereas the others are. So there is hope.

Arteta has advantages, though - He'll be cheaper (more money for playing squad), he would be very keen to make an impression given it would be his first job as a football manager, he is highly thought of at City & I read that he's been earmarked to takeover from Pep, he would play football the Arsenal way whereas Enrique would not (I cannot speak for the German).
    Enrique had Barca playing wonderful counter-attacking football which was the Arsenal way for about 60% of Arsene’s reign, you arsewipe.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    No manager we appoint is going to be here in ten years time, I think. We didn't give Wenger a twenty year contract at the start, did we. He had to earn it, and also want it. But He also has a certain work ethic that doesn't really exist anymore.
    I think you're right. But I'd like us to appoint someone - at some point - that we think might.

If you see what I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    I think you're right. But I'd like us to appoint someone - at some point - that we think might.

If you see what I mean.
    George Graham's still got a few good years left in him imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    George Graham's still got a few good years left in him imo.
    Gary Neville would be good.