Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Apparently Ivan wants Arteta, Raul wants Enrique and Sven wants Naglesmann

Apparently Ivan wants Arteta, Raul wants Enrique and Sven wants Naglesmann

Rock-Paper-Scissors ?

And why does nobody want Mickey Pearce?

Quote Originally Posted by Just Trent View Post
    Rock-Paper-Scissors ?

I suppose it's too late for Cruyff?

How about a de Boer? Some Dutchman, anyway. You can't go wrong with footballing Dutchmen.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post

How about a de Boer? Some Dutchman, anyway. You can't go wrong with footballing Dutchmen.
    You don't fancy giving Denis a shot?

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    You don't fancy giving Denis a shot?
    No, nor Dennis.

1. He got the boot from Ajax for being a bit shít.
    2. He won't get on an aeroplane.
    3. He's not particularly bright.

Yes. Dutch managers are perhaps too good for us. Perhaps too good for English football generally.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Cruyff was in the running to replace Graham in 95. Then suddenly it was Bobby Robson 'in talks'. Then Bruce Rioch turned up

Rock-Paper-Scissors ?

As all the others report to Ivan, I would imagine that Ivan will get his way.

That being said, Ivan is not a footballing man whereas the others are. So there is hope.

Arteta has advantages, though - He'll be cheaper (more money for playing squad), he would be very keen to make an impression given it would be his first job as a football manager, he is highly thought of at City & I read that he's been earmarked to takeover from Pep, he would play football the Arsenal way whereas Enrique would not (I cannot speak for the German).

Cruyff was in the running to replace Graham in 95. Then suddenly it was Bobby Robson 'in talks'. Then Bruce Rioch turned up
    Yes, I got so excited about those Cruyff rumours

That being said, Ivan is not a footballing man whereas the others are. So there is hope.

Arteta has advantages, though - He'll be cheaper (more money for playing squad), he would be very keen to make an impression given it would be his first job as a football manager, he is highly thought of at City & I read that he's been earmarked to takeover from Pep, he would play football the Arsenal way whereas Enrique would not (I cannot speak for the German).
    Rich - could you give me a quick breakdown on why Ivan is not a football man and the other two are - thanks in advance

That being said, Ivan is not a footballing man whereas the others are. So there is hope .
    I thought the point of a sporting director was to advise the CEO and board on footballing decisions? Is Arteta able to handle the size of the job yet? It's one hell of a weight for anyone to take on. I don't have a problem with Enrique's style of play. It's attacking, just more of a mix. I don't want us to get too obsessed with trying to play 'the Arsenal way' either. The whole point of Wenger going is that our style of play hasn't worked often enough.
    Last edited by Just Trent; 04-24-2018 at 12:50 PM.