Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: WHat was he thinking - Part II: Wenger's Worst XI

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    and we lost to Charlton.
    We were ****ing hammered, b. Grimandi was particularly shít that day too.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Stiff or soft hands on that one?
    Well, a fist.

We let a perfectly goodgoalkeeper leave because he had a fag.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    When Shaaban joined Bob Wilson spoke about how they tried to amend his technique to include actually catching the ball sometimes, rather than punching. His technique was so ingrained that they eventually decided they couldnt change it.

We signed a goalkeeper that literally couldn't catch and couldnt be taught. If that isnt the definition of a **** keeper I dont know what is. On his debut he punched a rather slow shot that was heading gently towards his stomach. He was hopeless.

Compared to him, Almunia was Peter Shilton (I would have said Seaman but I dont take His name lightly).
    I have just this very minute gone to youtube and discovered a video of Rami catching footballs after they were kicked to him by a training person of some sort.

So this is untrue and you now owe AWIMB an apology. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    I have just this very minute gone to youtube and discovered a video of Rami catching footballs after they were kicked to him by a training person of some sort.

So this is untrue and you now owe AWIMB an apology. Thank you.
    I told you what Bob Wilson told me. Of course, if you want to ask BobWilson for an apology......

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    We were ****ing hammered, b. Grimandi was particularly shít that day too.
    Grimandi. Now there's a name I haven't heard for many years.

Quote Originally Posted by The Insider View Post
    As a solid 'Wenger In' chap, I also am man enough to know that he signed some right donkeys - youth team kids who played in teh odd Legaue Cup tie are excluded.

Here's my choice:

Shaaban
    Andre Santos
    Stepanovs
    Cygan
    Remi Garde
    Kallstrom
    Malz
    Cabbalero
    Park Chu-Young
    Diawara
    Jeffers
    I'd have Squillaci/Silvestre in ahead of Cygan. Pascal was a man of limited talents but he made the most of what he had (sometimes).

Grimandi. Now there's a name I haven't heard for many years.
    Last I heard he was one of our top scouts.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    I'd have Squillaci/Silvestre in ahead of Cygan. Pascal was a man of limited talents but he made the most of what he had (sometimes).
    Squillaci or Silvestre were deffo worse than Cygan. Mind you, if you really wanted a terrible central defence, playing Luzhny and Stepanovs were hard (ie easy) to beat - as United so comprehensively proved.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Last I heard he was one of our top scouts.
    Probably gone now with the collapse of the former regime.

Squillaci or Silvestre were deffo worse than Cygan. Mind you, if you really wanted a terrible central defence, playing Luzhny and Stepanovs were hard (ie easy) to beat - as United so comprehensively proved.
    I recall one of Stepanovs earliest performances, cup v Chelsea I think, back when we would be moved for the day from CE to NB.

He looked a player.

Juan played that day also I think.