Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: WHat was he thinking - Part II: Wenger's Worst XI

WHat was he thinking - Part II: Wenger's Worst XI

As a solid 'Wenger In' chap, I also am man enough to know that he signed some right donkeys - youth team kids who played in teh odd Legaue Cup tie are excluded.

Here's my choice:

Shaaban
    Andre Santos
    Stepanovs
    Cygan
    Remi Garde
    Kallstrom
    Malz
    Cabbalero
    Park Chu-Young
    Diawara
    Jeffers

Quote Originally Posted by The Insider View Post
    As a solid 'Wenger In' chap, I also am man enough to know that he signed some right donkeys - youth team kids who played in teh odd Legaue Cup tie are excluded.

Here's my choice:

Shaaban
    Andre Santos
    Stepanovs
    Cygan
    Remi Garde
    Kallstrom
    Malz
    Cabbalero
    Park Chu-Young
    Diawara
    Jeffers
    they'd beat our current side.

Here's my choice:

Shaaban
    Andre Santos
    Stepanovs
    Cygan
    Remi Garde
    Kallstrom
    Malz
    Cabbalero
    Park Chu-Young
    Diawara
    Jeffers
    I remember Diawara had a remarkable capacity for hitting the post.

Here's my choice:

Shaaban
    Andre Santos
    Stepanovs
    Cygan
    Remi Garde
    Kallstrom
    Malz
    Cabbalero
    Park Chu-Young
    Diawara
    Jeffers
    Why does Shaaban get so much **** - only played 5 games (w3 d1 l1), including a clean sheet against Spurs and a win in Rome, the only defeat was against United when he came off injured at half time anyway. Compared to the ****house that was Almunia he was Gordon ****ing Banks.

Almunia
    Santos
    Silvestre
    Stepanovs
    Vivas
    Inamoto
    Ramsey
    Frimpong
    Diawara
    Park
    Jeffers

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Why does Shaaban get so much **** - only played 5 games (w3 d1 l1), including a clean sheet against Spurs and a win in Rome, the only defeat was against United when he came off injured at half time anyway. Compared to the ****house that was Almunia he was Gordon ****ing Banks.
    When Shaaban joined Bob Wilson spoke about how they tried to amend his technique to include actually catching the ball sometimes, rather than punching. His technique was so ingrained that they eventually decided they couldnt change it.

We signed a goalkeeper that literally couldn't catch and couldnt be taught. If that isnt the definition of a **** keeper I dont know what is. On his debut he punched a rather slow shot that was heading gently towards his stomach. He was hopeless.

Compared to him, Almunia was Peter Shilton (I would have said Seaman but I dont take His name lightly).

Here's my choice:

Shaaban
    Andre Santos
    Stepanovs
    Cygan
    Remi Garde
    Kallstrom
    Malz
    Cabbalero
    Park Chu-Young
    Diawara
    Jeffers
    lack of Iwobi in there, imo
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    When Shaaban joined Bob Wilson spoke about how they tried to amend his technique to include actually catching the ball sometimes, rather than punching. His technique was so ingrained that they eventually decided they couldnt change it.

We signed a goalkeeper that literally couldn't catch and couldnt be taught. If that isnt the definition of a **** keeper I dont know what is. On his debut he punched a rather slow shot that was heading gently towards his stomach. He was hopeless.

Compared to him, Almunia was Peter Shilton (I would have said Seaman but I dont take His name lightly).
    Stiff or soft hands on that one?

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post

I remember when Richard Wright punched one into his own net and we lost to Charlton.

It's fair to say we haven't had much luck with keepers.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I remember when Richard Wright punched one into his own net and we lost to Charlton.

It's fair to say we haven't had much luck with keepers.
    Mad Jens. I loved him immediately. Total and complete ****