Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Since we’re doing the Wenger retrospective, how about great mysteries of his era?

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Made of balsa wood obviously but a real talent there. His movement was absolutely top draw, finishing wasn't bad and given the players he was surround by I would say it was more of a surprise he didn't make it
    EIGHT FVCKING YEARS, though, la!

Kallstrom loan.

And Viviano that was a strange one.

and Armoury Bischoff though worth a try I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    MANUEL ALMUNIA.

I'm off to cut myself...
    It might have been the last away game I attended. Birmingham. I swear the ball actually passed through his body, as if he were porous.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    EIGHT FVCKING YEARS, though, la!
    Yes - fair enough, b

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    It might have been the last away game I attended. Birmingham. I swear the ball actually passed through his body, as if he were porous.
    That fúcking West Brom game at home, despite a penalty hitting him

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...em/9024632.stm
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

How good was Alberto Mendez?

Rumour had it he was making mince of Dixon and Winterbuen on the training ground and was faster than Overmars...before he broke his leg.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    Kallstrom loan.

And Viviano that was a strange one.

and Armoury Bischoff though worth a try I suppose.
    Buying a player with a broken back was pretty special, tbf.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Yes - fair enough, b
    We've had players we now consider legends who didn't play for us that long, la.

Can’t wait for him to confirm that Stuart Taylor was indeed too tall to be a goal keeper.

I was going to say Almunia however our resident goalkeeping expert Peter assured us that he was excellent and who are we to differ?

So Reyes then. As much as I loved the little gypo, it's hard to argue that given Wenger's reputation for spotting talent at the time, and given all the stories re how much we scouted him and what Wenger thought of him, in the end it was very surprising that he wasn't quite a bit better than he really was.