Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Since we’re doing the Wenger retrospective, how about great mysteries of his era?

Since we’re doing the Wenger retrospective, how about great mysteries of his era?

For me, it was the fact we employed Jeremie Aliadiere for eight years despite him never appearing to be anything more than ordinary.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    For me, it was the fact we employed Jeremie Aliadiere for eight years despite him never appearing to be anything more than ordinary.

Has to be the Korean lad, surely?

Gervinho. Just... Gervinho.

What could he have been thinking?

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    Has to be the Korean lad, surely?
    Nah, that was a market penetration move, surely?

Allowing that fumbling, bungling inept butter-fingered clown's cock Almunia anywhere

near the team.

As for Alliadere, I had actually forgotten that he existed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Nah, that was a market penetration move, surely?
    Is the South Korean market that important to us? Surely if we were all about the market penetration, we'd have got a sh1t Chineser in instead?

Is the South Korean market that important to us? Surely if we were all about the market penetration, we'd have got a sh1t Chineser in instead?
    Like there's a difference?

Made of balsa wood obviously but a real talent there. His movement was absolutely top draw, finishing wasn't bad and given the players he was surround by I would say it was more of a surprise he didn't make it

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    near the team.

As for Alliadere, I had actually forgotten that he existed.
    The inability to see what a liability Almunia was is genuinely mystifying, it's true.

Mind you, we also had a succession of centre halves who took some fvcking explaining, too.

MANUEL ALMUNIA.

I'm off to cut myself...
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”