Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Since we’re doing the Wenger retrospective, how about great mysteries of his era?

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Dropping an on form Arshavin (who I think was also CL cup tied) for that FA Cup semi final against Chelsea. Mystifying
    I think he wanted a little more, shall we say, industriousness in the team that day. Chelsea could have ripped us a new one...

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    I am talking at the Bridge,
    Sylvinho I was right in line with where he hit that

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    Franny Jeffers ? Just what was he thinking. Kim Kallstrom, the broken back wonder. That sh*t defender we signed from United, who was so far past his sell by date, his must have had green mould in his hair.
    Eh? Everyone was mad for Franny Jeffers, he was officially The Next Big Thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    That 2011/12 season was weird and really did smack of desperation at times. We'd sold Fabregas and Nasri and we got Arteta and Benayoun. It was hard not to feel underwhelmed.
    Peter hated Benayoun.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Peter hated Benayoun.
    The Asian lads who sat beside me used to call him The Jinky Jew. Sometimes The Jerusalem Jumper.

I think they were being good-natured.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Eh? Everyone was mad for Franny Jeffers, he was officially The Next Big Thing.
    Remember that game where we’d won the league and he basically had some of the finest players in the world at the time trying their best to tee him up to score and boost his confidence

He still couldn’t. It became embarrassing and almost certainly destroyed His confidence .
    Last edited by Burney; 04-23-2018 at 02:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Peter hated Benayoun.
    We’ll we know why that was, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Remember that game where we’d won the league and he basically had some of the finest players in the world at the time trying their best to tee him up to score.

He still couldn’t. It became embarrassing.
    He did in the end - still a tosser though

They pretty much did anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    He did in the end - still a tosser though
    Oh, that’s right. Took ages, though. And he missed about half a dozen gilt-edged chances first.

Christ. Remember when we were good enough to just toy with lower league sides like a bored cat with a crippled mouse?