Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Since we’re doing the Wenger retrospective, how about great mysteries of his era?

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Yes, and he conceded a fúcking 40 yard free kick at his near post during it.
    Lovely volley that time. Genius.

Sadly it was with his hands and into our goal.

Manuel played a blinder in the Semi Final 1st Leg at OT
    Sadly he played like a blindoid in the return game
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    I liked the lookalike/likeforlike replacement approach Idea he had for a while. I mentioned this several times over the years.

Adebayor for Kanu.
    Theo for Henry
    van Persie for Bergkamp
    Eboue for Lauren
    Clichy for Cole
    Rosicky for Pires,
    Diaby for Vieira

all similar in stature.
    I am sure there were more.
    With Cole, Clichy and Gibbs we seemed to be building a dynasty of taupe-coloured left backs. Monreal came along and ruined it.

It's weird how little respect Cole gets. I know he was a gobsh1te, but he was also for many years one of the very best players in his position in the world and proved it consistently at club and international level. And yet his career ended with virtually no recognition.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Steady on here lads. This thread is moving from a revealing of mysteries thread to a slating of our soon to be departed beloved manager thread.

Tread carefully now.
    I think we can good-naturedly laugh at some of his foibles without descending into slating him.

Stepanovs, though.

Don't forget the man who won a competition to play at Left-Back for a year - Andre Santos
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    To be fair Sanogo joined us at a time when he was a key member of a brilliant French U21 side
    Yes, as Nic would constantly remind us about on here.

Silvestre. he's the strangest one.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Trent View Post
    Yes, as Nic would constantly remind us about on here.
    Is Nic still around of unfortunately fell of a cliff or something?

I wonder if he ever watched Arsenal fan tv.

Quote Originally Posted by Viva Prat Vegas View Post
    Don't forget the man who won a competition to play at Left-Back for a year - Andre Santos
    Oh, yes. I remember when he started the season and we all thought he'd come good when he lost his pre-season weight.

Then he got even fatter.

Quote Originally Posted by Viva Prat Vegas View Post
    A weird signing that one. Scored at West Brom on the last day to be fair to him.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”