Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Since we’re doing the Wenger retrospective, how about great mysteries of his era?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    That's right. I knew it was a sea mammal of some sort.

What was his name again?

I bet Mesut cries himself to sleep most nights nowadays...
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by Just Trent View Post
    Sanogo deserves a mention. Especially as he turned up when we started getting more money to spend on players. Remember when he started that Champions League match against Bayern? WD Arsene
    Sorry, but if we're doing bizarre selections, that time he dropped Henry and played Aliadiere in the semi against United still rankles. I know he got away with it a couple of years before with Wiltord, but Aliadiere wasn't Wiltord.

For me, it was the fact we employed Jeremie Aliadiere for eight years despite him never appearing to be anything more than ordinary.
    Franny Jeffers ? Just what was he thinking. Kim Kallstrom, the broken back wonder. That sh*t defender we signed from United, who was so far past his sell by date, his must have had green mould in his hair.

I liked the lookalike/likeforlike replacement approach Idea he had for a while. I mentioned this several times over the years.

Adebayor for Kanu.
    Theo for Henry
    van Persie for Bergkamp
    Eboue for Lauren
    Clichy for Cole
    Rosicky for Pires,
    Diaby for Vieira

all similar in stature.
    I am sure there were more.

Sorry, but if we're doing bizarre selections . . .
    Those 100+ matches his bizarrely selected Manuel fúcking Almunia
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Those 100+ matches his bizarrely selected Manuel fúcking Almunia
    we got to CL semi final with him goal.

Steady on here lads. This thread is moving from a revealing of mysteries thread to a slating of our soon to be departed beloved manager thread.

Tread carefully now.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    we got to CL semi final with him goal.
    Yes, and he conceded a fúcking 40 yard free kick at his near post during it.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Trent View Post
    Sanogo deserves a mention. Especially as he turned up when we started getting more money to spend on players. Remember when he started that Champions League match against Bayern? WD Arsene
    To be fair Sanogo joined us at a time when he was a key member of a brilliant French U21 side with players like Umtiti, Pogba, Kondobgia and perhaps Griezemann.

We appear to have simply went for the lad that was free, or cheapest, without asking why.

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Yes, and he conceded a fúcking 40 yard free kick at his near post during it.
    he played in a final too. so he's basically done the whole thing.