Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Since we’re doing the Wenger retrospective, how about great mysteries of his era?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    A communist? A Red Tory?
    Its one of the other. I wont allow both

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    The inability to see what a liability Almunia was is genuinely mystifying, it's true.

Mind you, we also had a succession of centre halves who took some fvcking explaining, too.

The only time we put in a credible challenge for the PL was with Manuel as no 1

His best GK performance was the 1st half against Barcelona at the Emirates. Made half a dozen outstanding saves. Then ruined it all by going walkabout and allowing Ibrahimovic to score 1 minute into the 2nd half.
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    I liked the lookalike/likeforlike replacement approach Idea he had for a while. I mentioned this several times over the years.

Adebayor for Kanu.
    Theo for Henry
    van Persie for Bergkamp
    Eboue for Lauren
    Clichy for Cole
    Rosicky for Pires,
    Diaby for Vieira

all similar in stature.
    I am sure there were more.
    One of the best observations I've read on awimb.

Quote Originally Posted by AFC East View Post
    One of the best observations I've read on awimb.
    In the January window when we signed Walcott and Adebayor and perhaps Diaby (perhaps not signed that window) I recall a newspaper article about how we had signed the new Henry / Kanu / Vieira with a caption of each former player and each new signing alongside.

It was on reflection one of the most ill-judged and wildly optimistic pieces of journalism ever put to print.

2 legends and a man who conjured some moments of magic, and 3 ****s.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    In the January window when we signed Walcott and Adebayor and perhaps Diaby (perhaps not signed that window) I recall a newspaper article about how we had signed the new Henry / Kanu / Vieira with a caption of each former player and each new signing alongside.

It was on reflection one of the most ill-judged and wildly optimistic pieces of journalism ever put to print.

I remember reading an article where it flatly stated that, with players like Walcott, Wilshere and Gibbs, Arsenal would be providing the core of the next World Cup winning England side.

Wrong on so many levels it's not even funny.

Bit harsh on Diaby? To be fair, Adebayor was 3 cvnts on his own.

A **** who scored quite a lot of goals and left for a lot of money that we badly needed.

Diaby could have become a genuinely outstanding player...maybe.

sw has no sympathy for injury. To him, being injury-prone is just another form of sh1tness.

No, fúck him. Do you not remember his own goal at Old Trafford.

Thankfully now we can laugh.