Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Thoughts and observations from the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    He was definitely fouled in the area by Kuyt when we lost to Liverpool in the Champions League. ****ing useless ref ****
    Was that for the non-existent foul against Kolo after Theo had us in front? And Diaby scored early doors?

God I was an optimistic supporter back then. Absolutely certain Wenger was about to build one of the all time great teams.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Was that for the non-existent foul against Kolo after Theo had us in front? And Diaby scored early doors?

God I was an optimistic supporter back then. Absolutely certain Wenger was about to build one of the all time great teams.
    It was that tie - the Hleb foul was in the first leg. Clean through on the keeper and just about to look for someone to pass to and Kuyt bundled into him. Second leg was the non-existent Kolo foul (and it was Adebayor who scored after Theo's run - something a lot of people forget)

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    It was that tie - the Hleb foul was in the first leg. Clean through on the keeper and just about to look for someone to pass to and Kuyt bundled into him. Second leg was the non-existent Kolo foul (and it was Adebayor who scored after Theo's run - something a lot of people forget)
    Oh even I'm deviant enough to remember that Adebayor stuck it away.

But it was Teho's run that brings back the memory. Had we held on there that game would have been legendary.

Oh, and whoever that ref was, he was a right c*nt.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    They just seem like a bunch of deviants that would be best served being kept a long way from the club. I have no issue with people wanting change but it's just the unpleasant way they've gone about it.
    You would have preferred them to set Wenger on fire? Fine, it's not a bad idea actually.

Quote Originally Posted by eastgermanautos View Post
    You would have preferred them to set Wenger on fire? Fine, it's not a bad idea actually.
    There's no need for that, e. You can't blame a man for wanting to work.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."