Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Thoughts and observations from the weekend.

I thought Lee Judges (the bald guy) gave the best post match AFTV interview.

The rest were all disappointing in their utter resentment....Claude being the worse as he constantly puts down all of Arsene’s achievements.

I did appreciate John Cross shooting him down about whether or not Arsene would’ve pulled off Anfield 89...Cross’ reply was - it’s all relative...would Graham have gone to the Bernabeu and won 1nil.

As Lee said...too many people are scared that they’ve been so Wenger Out that thanking him will make them look like hypocrites so they won’t.

Sad..

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I am not massively familiar with it so I should make that clear.

I know 2-3 of the main protagonists and they are utter ****s, one has a comedy value which after one or two viewings surely is redundant whereas the two other lunatics (Claude and the other guy who is always head to toe in club gear, club water bottle etc) you almost have to have some sympathy for. They are genuine care in the community types and I mean that as no offence to genuine Care in the Community types who need care.

Free speech though really. They pay their money and are entitled to their views no matter how imbecilic at times (always).

Sad thing I saw over the weekend was SSN interviewing them, elevating them to a position of almost validation.

No different really to that fat plum who used run AST or whatever, Payton? Always mouthing off on subjects which he felt he had a right to comment on, and on behalf of a fan base who at no point endorsed him. Because he was better spoken or better educated he is seen as less of a **** than the AFTV people.
    Nobody's arguing that free speech should be curtailed in any way. However, Arsenal as a business has the right to insist these people do not conduct their business on its property, trade on its name and has the right to exclude the protagonists from its premises permanently.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    Pep and Zidane inherited the two best squads in the world. Both have exceeded expectations mind, but Vieira would be taking on a rebuild and have to compete against five other teams in the league rather than one or two.
    It does concern me that the club/Wenger would like to make the new boss Vieira, though.

I see that he refused to answer questions on the Arsenal job after the 0-3 loss to Portland, too :-/

He'd also be much cheaper than Enrique which I'm sure will be part of the club's consideration.

SWv2 "I know 2-3 of the main protagonists and they are utter ****s, one has a comedy value which after one or two viewings surely is redundant whereas the two other lunatics (Claude and the other guy who is always head to toe in club gear, club water bottle etc) you almost have to have some sympathy for. They are genuine care in the community types and I mean that as no offence to genuine Care in the Community types who need care."

The guy in the Arsenal gear and with two sets of headphones is called TY
    He always has a water-bottle with him as if he has just played the full 90 minutes for the team
    On Friday the hottest day of the year, he was interviewed outside the ground wearing a woolly Arsenal hat but without the water bottle
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    It does concern me that the club/Wenger would like to make the new boss Vieira, though.

I see that he refused to answer questions on the Arsenal job after the 0-3 loss to Portland, too :-/

He'd also be much cheaper than Enrique which I'm sure will be part of the club's consideration.
    No one from the club is even considering him, ffs - even Arsene's comments were he could be manager "one day"

Quote Originally Posted by Viva Prat Vegas View Post
    SWv2 "I know 2-3 of the main protagonists and they are utter ****s, one has a comedy value which after one or two viewings surely is redundant whereas the two other lunatics (Claude and the other guy who is always head to toe in club gear, club water bottle etc) you almost have to have some sympathy for. They are genuine care in the community types and I mean that as no offence to genuine Care in the Community types who need care."

The guy in the Arsenal gear and with two sets of headphones is called TY
    He always has a water-bottle with him as if he has just played the full 90 minutes for the team
    On Friday the hottest day of the year, he was interviewed outside the ground wearing a woolly Arsenal hat but without the water bottle
    I like the video of him trying to start a fight with the West Ham mascot

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    No one from the club is even considering him, ffs - even Arsene's comments were he could be manager "one day"
    Vieira pretty much rules himself out as well. The Arteta links worry me the most. HUGE risk.

In other news, looks like we will have a new no.6 in the England team. Never seen him play but the reports make him sound like a world class player.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    I don't want a new manager, la. We've got a manager.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    How many other businesses would allow another business whose stock in trade is attacking and abusing its owners and employees to trade on its name on its premises? It seems high time the thing was squashed and its merry band of freaks were barred from the ground forever.
    Football's very different though. These lads are among our most popular ambassadors. I'm sure the club love 'em. Anyway, we're not going to risk all that free, extra international exposure in a fit of pique or dudgeon, just because some don't like their sort.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I don't want a new manager, la. We've got a manager.
    We're not having a manager any more. We're having a First Team Coach.

Wenger is a SFC. You need to get over him and get over him now.