Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts and observations from the weekend.

We were in a good position before that Saturday lunchtime Birmingham match but it was only February
    Bloody Clichy
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

Quote Originally Posted by Viva Prat Vegas View Post
    We were in a good position before that Saturday lunchtime Birmingham match but it was only February
    Bloody Clichy
    never. a. penalty.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

He did the old trick of backing off, backing, off , backing off and then making his tackle in the penalty area

Quote Originally Posted by Viva Prat Vegas View Post
    Bloody Clichy
    We were flying. Cesc was our heartbeat, Gallas our warrior. We were champions in waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    never. a. penalty.
    The ref had lost it at that stage. He was always going to give a penalty given half a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    We were bloody good, that's for sure. I was starting to love Eduardo. He was one of those natural goalscorers and exactly what we needed.

B0llocks. Now I'm feeling cross again. This whole thing has made me very cross.
    We went to Milan, a bunch of callow youths, and played them off their own pitch

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    The ref had lost it at that stage. He was always going to give a penalty given half a chance.
    Having not given an absolutely blatant one when Hleb was scythed down Mike ****ing Dean

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Luis Enrique seems the favourite for the job
    Wonder how all the potential new shirt sponsors feel about AW leaving?
    Arsenal Fan TV should have an injunction taken out against them keeping them at least a mile from the ground.
    Played some lovely Wengerball in the 2nd half, Iwobi came out a different player in the 2nd half, but he bloody needed too. He was utterly dire for the 1st 45 minutes.
    Weather was rather nicer in London than we had up here!!

Enrique will want a lot of money that he may or may not get. That will determine his interest in the job. I would love to see Allegri but he will only join if we can offer CL football.

Listen to Wenger's post match press conference. The clues are there....either that or I'm reading too much into it. He has been asked to stand down as the abuse, protests and empty seats may (or is) having an effect on the marketability of the club. The actual product on the pitch and results are not the primary concern. The positioning and reputation of the brand is what seems to have driven this decision. All the abuse that Wenger has received is sickening and disgraceful. I have no doubt that in time, those protagonists will come to regret their actions. This change will allow us to see where we actually stand on the pitch and how marketable we are off it.

I'm surprised that AFTV is still going. The guy who does it goes to every game so if the club ban him from attending games, will he be able to do his show? I don't think the club can't ban him from broadcasting a fans TV station that is not affiliated to the club. The same way as a reviewer can write a review of an Apple product, AFTV can exist. If Apple don't like the review, the reviewer or magazine tends not to get the exclusive previews. They only go to those that tow the proverbial line. Again, it is all about protecting the brand. Fergie did it with hacks. Arsenal want to do it so I wouldn't be surprised if AFTV and co. lost their season tickets at some point.

Played some decent football but, as usual, our defending was tripe. Iwobi did better in the 2nd half but being replaced by Auba was the turning point.

It's a bit brisk this morning in London.
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Even then - Mike Dean

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Having not given an absolutely blatant one when Hleb was scythed down Mike ****ing Dean
    Or the one where Adebarndoor had his shirt pulled off his back about 2 minutes before.
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman