Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Thoughts and observations from the weekend.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    I would welcome Luis Enrique (but would prefer Simeone)

I'm sure Wenger had fark all to do with sponsorship deals.

Arsenal Fan TV is a fúcking huge, bubbling carbuncle on our club.

Iwobi, even for him, it would have been hard to be any shítter than he was in the first half.

There was some isolated heavy rain later in the day.

my own observation. The match changed with the intro of Auba (or was that the exit of Iwobi?)

I doubt if even half of that match day squad will be at Arsenal in 18 months time.
    I wouldn’t mind Enrique either. It’s ****ing unreal the amount of people on social media saying they’d rather have Vieira or Arteta. Jesus Christ....

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    I wouldn’t mind Enrique either. It’s ****ing unreal the amount of people on social media saying they’d rather have Vieira or Arteta. Jesus Christ....
    Me too. A manager that always wears a suit

I don't really want PV4 or Arteta. Apparently see Arteta as the long term successor for Pep but can't really say why I don't want PV4. I think because he has no real experience... But then neither did Zidane or Enrique/Pep when they took charge at Barca.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Me too. A manager that always wears a suit

I don't really want PV4 or Arteta. Apparently see Arteta as the long term successor for Pep but can't really say why I don't want PV4. I think because he has no real experience... But then neither did Zidane or Enrique/Pep when they took charge at Barca.
    Pep and Zidane inherited the two best squads in the world. Both have exceeded expectations mind, but Vieira would be taking on a rebuild and have to compete against five other teams in the league rather than one or two.

Pep and Zidane inherited the two best squads in the world. Both have exceeded expectations mind, but Vieira would be taking on a rebuild and have to compete against five other teams in the league rather than one or two.
    It does concern me that the club/Wenger would like to make the new boss Vieira, though.

I see that he refused to answer questions on the Arsenal job after the 0-3 loss to Portland, too :-/

He'd also be much cheaper than Enrique which I'm sure will be part of the club's consideration.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    It does concern me that the club/Wenger would like to make the new boss Vieira, though.

I see that he refused to answer questions on the Arsenal job after the 0-3 loss to Portland, too :-/

He'd also be much cheaper than Enrique which I'm sure will be part of the club's consideration.
    No one from the club is even considering him, ffs - even Arsene's comments were he could be manager "one day"

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    No one from the club is even considering him, ffs - even Arsene's comments were he could be manager "one day"
    Vieira pretty much rules himself out as well. The Arteta links worry me the most. HUGE risk.

In other news, looks like we will have a new no.6 in the England team. Never seen him play but the reports make him sound like a world class player.

Vieira pretty much rules himself out as well. The Arteta links worry me the most. HUGE risk.
    Arteta surely sees a few years learning from PG and racking up the trophy count before setting out on his own.

The bloke who is kind of in charge of making, or influencing the club decision, is the man who appointed Luis Enrique to the position in Barcelona where he won all sorts. Sunday Times was leaning this way yesterday. Now taking over us at the moment, with the playing staff available to him, and taking over Barcelona when he did, two very different propositions.

Any new coach will want 2-3-4 new players, only natural and indeed tremendously exciting. He will presumably also be looking to exist a similar number from the current squad.

It is indeed the most exciting time to be an Arsenal supporter since the Invincibles, or Paris.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    I don't want a new manager, la. We've got a manager.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I don't want a new manager, la. We've got a manager.
    We're not having a manager any more. We're having a First Team Coach.

Wenger is a SFC. You need to get over him and get over him now.