Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts and observations from the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    The new Spanish kingmaker allegedly wants Oblak from Atletico.

This isn’t just media messing with the imminent match, was named ages ago.
    £40m+? Don't that much about him other than very highly rated.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    We'd have won the league that season if Eduardo's leg hadn't happened.*

*Maybe. No one can say for sure.

**I would like to hear from SW on this matter. He is rarely wrong on football matters.
    I have no wish to argue with you. Your opinion is yours, I have mine.

We are both seasoned Arsenal supporters, and indeed followers of the game, to acknowledge that a 5 point lead in February is simply far too precarious as to suggest it would definitely have resulted in success. This is my only issue with this ongoing argument. The belief that it was almost done, a given.

I can understand people saying it is possible we may have won the League. I can understand the trauma of the injury affecting some of the players yet they managed to hold onto the lead for another 40-50 minutes or whatever. We capitulated in said game not because of the break, because we were weak.

The manner in which we imploded told me it was a weak team and one that perhaps may have crumbled when the pressure was really on. The resultant 3 points from 9, or 4 from 12 (over to LA for ratification) was what caused the season to end.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I have no wish to argue with you. Your opinion is yours, I have mine.

We are both seasoned Arsenal supporters, and indeed followers of the game, to acknowledge that a 5 point lead in February is simply far too precarious as to suggest it would definitely have resulted in success. This is my only issue with this ongoing argument. The belief that it was almost done, a given.

I can understand people saying it is possible we may have won the League. I can understand the trauma of the injury affecting some of the players yet they managed to hold onto the lead for another 40-50 minutes or whatever. We capitulated in said game not because of the break, because we were weak.

The manner in which we imploded told me it was a weak team and one that perhaps may have crumbled when the pressure was really on. The resultant 3 points from 9, or 4 from 12 (over to LA for ratification) was what caused the season to end.
    Nonsense.

I hope I have clarified matters for you, sw.

SWv2 "The resultant 3 points from 9, or 4 from 12 (over to LA for ratification) was what caused the season to end."
    3 points from 12
    After that we won at Bolton...after going 2 down
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

Quote Originally Posted by Viva Prat Vegas View Post
    SWv2 "The resultant 3 points from 9, or 4 from 12 (over to LA for ratification) was what caused the season to end."
    3 points from 12
    After that we won at Bolton...after going 2 down
    When Diaby was sent off? Great game

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Nonsense.

I hope I have clarified matters for you, sw.
    The cut and thrust of adult debate. Love it.

LA "When Diaby was sent off? Great game"

I couldn't remember him getting a red
    Good memory!
    Cescy Fabregas dragged us by through through to victory in that 2nd half
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Having not given an absolutely blatant one when Hleb was scythed down Mike ****ing Dean
    I thought Hleb was scythed down in Milan and it was never given, by some Johnny Foreigner referee?

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    I thought Hleb was scythed down in Milan and it was never given, by some Johnny Foreigner referee?
    He was definitely fouled in the area by Kuyt when we lost to Liverpool in the Champions League. ****ing useless ref ****

It was a WWE throw, still rankles, a lot