Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Thoughts and observations from the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    Vieira pretty much rules himself out as well. The Arteta links worry me the most. HUGE risk.
    Arteta surely sees a few years learning from PG and racking up the trophy count before setting out on his own.

The bloke who is kind of in charge of making, or influencing the club decision, is the man who appointed Luis Enrique to the position in Barcelona where he won all sorts. Sunday Times was leaning this way yesterday. Now taking over us at the moment, with the playing staff available to him, and taking over Barcelona when he did, two very different propositions.

Any new coach will want 2-3-4 new players, only natural and indeed tremendously exciting. He will presumably also be looking to exist a similar number from the current squad.

It is indeed the most exciting time to be an Arsenal supporter since the Invincibles, or Paris.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Arteta surely sees a few years learning from PG and racking up the trophy count before setting out on his own.

The bloke who is kind of in charge of making, or influencing the club decision, is the man who appointed Luis Enrique to the position in Barcelona where he won all sorts. Sunday Times was leaning this way yesterday. Now taking over us at the moment, with the playing staff available to him, and taking over Barcelona when he did, two very different propositions.

Any new coach will want 2-3-4 new players, only natural and indeed tremendously exciting. He will presumably also be looking to exist a similar number from the current squad.

It is indeed the most exciting time to be an Arsenal supporter since the Invincibles, or Paris.
    Or since 2007-2008 when it looked like He had built a title-winning team for the third time? Fabregas, Denilson, Rosicky, Hleb, Diaby, Song - what an incredible midfield that was.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post

Indeed, all very exciting. I was looking at the squad yesterday and thought we probably need 4 or 5 players (not factoring in outgoings). A new GK, new CB (possibly two if Chambers or Mustafi leave), new CM, possibly a right back. I’d buy a winger as well because outside of Mkhitaryan the options are ****.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Or since 2007-2008 when it looked like He had built a title-winning team for the third time? Fabregas, Denilson, Rosicky, Hleb, Diaby, Song - what an incredible midfield that was.
    Never really believed in that side having success if I am honest.

The trio of Fabregas, Rosicky and Hleb was rather magnificent for sure.

Imagine if Rosicky, Diaby and Eduardo had never got injured.

Indeed, all very exciting. I was looking at the squad yesterday and thought we probably need 4 or 5 players (not factoring in outgoings). A new GK, new CB (possibly two if Chambers or Mustafi leave), new CM, possibly a right back. I’d buy a winger as well because outside of Mkhitaryan the options are ****.
    Tom Heaton from Burnley has to be worth a punt or Butland from Stoke

David Ospina
    Héctor Bellerín
    Laurent Koscielny
    Nacho Monreal
    Shkodran Mustafi
    Alex Iwobi
    Mohamed Elneny
    Aaron Ramsey
    Granit Xhaka
    Alexandre Lacazette
    Danny Welbeck
    Matt Macey
    Calum Chambers
    Rob Holding
    Per Mertesacker
    Ainsley Maitland-Niles
    Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang
    Reiss Nelson.

That is not a squad that will get you in the top 4 even if you added Cech, Ozil and Cazorla in to it.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Tom Heaton from Burnley has to be worth a punt or Butland from Stoke
    The new Spanish kingmaker allegedly wants Oblak from Atletico.

This isn’t just media messing with the imminent match, was named ages ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Imagine if Rosicky, Diaby and Eduardo had never got injured.
    We'd have won the league that season if Eduardo's leg hadn't happened.*

*Maybe. No one can say for sure.

**I'm not interested in hearing from sw on this matter. He is simply wrong.

We'd have won the league that season if Eduardo's leg hadn't happened.*

*Maybe. No one can say for sure.

**I'm not interested in hearing from sw on this matter. He is simply wrong.
    We were bloody good, that's for sure. I was starting to love Eduardo. He was one of those natural goalscorers and exactly what we needed.

B0llocks. Now I'm feeling cross again. This whole thing has made me very cross.