Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Thoughts and observations from the weekend.

Thoughts and observations from the weekend.

Luis Enrique seems the favourite for the job
    Wonder how all the potential new shirt sponsors feel about AW leaving?
    Arsenal Fan TV should have an injunction taken out against them keeping them at least a mile from the ground.
    Played some lovely Wengerball in the 2nd half, Iwobi came out a different player in the 2nd half, but he bloody needed too. He was utterly dire for the 1st 45 minutes.
    Weather was rather nicer in London than we had up here!!

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    - Sunday Times seems to lean towards him.
    - Doubt they give a fúck. There is huge potential in a new boss.
    Arsenal Fan TV should have an injunction taken out against them keeping them at least a mile from the ground.
    - Why?
    Played some lovely Wengerball in the 2nd half, Iwobi came out a different player in the 2nd half, but he bloody needed too. He was utterly dire for the 1st 45 minutes.
    - Blessed by Declan Rice.
    - Very sunny in Dublin but I missed most of it as I was on a covert undercover operation in the occupied 6 counties.
    As above....

I would welcome Luis Enrique (but would prefer Simeone)

I'm sure Wenger had fark all to do with sponsorship deals.

Arsenal Fan TV is a fúcking huge, bubbling carbuncle on our club.

Iwobi, even for him, it would have been hard to be any shítter than he was in the first half.

There was some isolated heavy rain later in the day.

my own observation. The match changed with the intro of Auba (or was that the exit of Iwobi?)

I doubt if even half of that match day squad will be at Arsenal in 18 months time.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    As above....
    They just seem like a bunch of deviants that would be best served being kept a long way from the club. I have no issue with people wanting change but it's just the unpleasant way they've gone about it.

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    I would welcome Luis Enrique (but would prefer Simeone)

I'm sure Wenger had fark all to do with sponsorship deals.

Arsenal Fan TV is a fúcking huge, bubbling carbuncle on our club.

Iwobi, even for him, it would have been hard to be any shítter than he was in the first half.

There was some isolated heavy rain later in the day.

my own observation. The match changed with the intro of Auba (or was that the exit of Iwobi?)

I doubt if even half of that match day squad will be at Arsenal in 18 months time.
    I wouldn’t mind Enrique either. It’s ****ing unreal the amount of people on social media saying they’d rather have Vieira or Arteta. Jesus Christ....

They just seem like a bunch of deviants that would be best served being kept a long way from the club. I have no issue with people wanting change but it's just the unpleasant way they've gone about it.
    How many other businesses would allow another business whose stock in trade is attacking and abusing its owners and employees to trade on its name on its premises? It seems high time the thing was squashed and its merry band of freaks were barred from the ground forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    I wouldn’t mind Enrique either. It’s ****ing unreal the amount of people on social media saying they’d rather have Vieira or Arteta. Jesus Christ....
    Me too. A manager that always wears a suit

I don't really want PV4 or Arteta. Apparently see Arteta as the long term successor for Pep but can't really say why I don't want PV4. I think because he has no real experience... But then neither did Zidane or Enrique/Pep when they took charge at Barca.

I am not massively familiar with it so I should make that clear.

I know 2-3 of the main protagonists and they are utter ****s, one has a comedy value which after one or two viewings surely is redundant whereas the two other lunatics (Claude and the other guy who is always head to toe in club gear, club water bottle etc) you almost have to have some sympathy for. They are genuine care in the community types and I mean that as no offence to genuine Care in the Community types who need care.

Free speech though really. They pay their money and are entitled to their views no matter how imbecilic at times (always).

Sad thing I saw over the weekend was SSN interviewing them, elevating them to a position of almost validation.

No different really to that fat plum who used run AST or whatever, Payton? Always mouthing off on subjects which he felt he had a right to comment on, and on behalf of a fan base who at no point endorsed him. Because he was better spoken or better educated he is seen as less of a **** than the AFTV people.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Me too. A manager that always wears a suit

I don't really want PV4 or Arteta. Apparently see Arteta as the long term successor for Pep but can't really say why I don't want PV4. I think because he has no real experience... But then neither did Zidane or Enrique/Pep when they took charge at Barca.
    Pep and Zidane inherited the two best squads in the world. Both have exceeded expectations mind, but Vieira would be taking on a rebuild and have to compete against five other teams in the league rather than one or two.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    As above....
    Beautiful in Munich - spent most of it in Biergartens. Won €110 on Liverpool ****ing up (and Palace Watford drawing as well - spent most of it in Biergartens. Watched us win 4-1 - went back to the ... you get the drift

In other news Leinster very impressive - shame about Munster