Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I didn't like yesterday. I thought it should be a more celebratory experience

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    first things first.

Get Arsenal to take legal action for 'Arsenal Fan TV using the name arsenal'
    Why not just ban those fvcking retards from the ground? If you appear on Arsenal Fan TV, you should be banned for life.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I think all of that has been hugely overplayed. I am not expert on european football but I kinds who Arsene Wenger was and I knew he wasnt 'some bloke from Japan'.

He was mentioned in the papers fairly regularly,having a quite high profile job with Monaco and his name tended to leap off the page as it was similar to Arsenal.
    I had never heard of this bloke from Hoffenheim until a few weeks ago as I am not a deviant.

However having read a few reports on him I would be more than happy to see him get a chance. I expect most supporters would.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Can you imagine how this lot would have reacted to the appointment of someone like Wenger in the first place?

They'd have been baying for blood that this speccy French nobody who'd just come from the Japanese league had been appointed. They'd have been calling for his head before he'd even arrived.
    There's a part of me hoping for Brendan Rodgers and 5 years of truly mediocre, to teach them a lesson.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I think all of that has been hugely overplayed. I am not expert on european football but I kinds who Arsene Wenger was and I knew he wasnt 'some bloke from Japan'.

He was mentioned in the papers fairly regularly,having a quite high profile job with Monaco and his name tended to leap off the page as it was similar to Arsenal.
    I'd never heard of him. And neither - by their own admission - had most of the players. Ditto the media.

You were clearly much more ITK, p.

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    There is a line to be drawn here, of course. Events that affect change invariably involve a period of unpleasantness. On the one side, bellowing abuse is unacceptable but, a half empty stadium will surely have an impact on sponsors and ultimately, the board.
    Wenger's moans of disunity I find, spoilt and a bit odd. A consistent poor run of form, which has further accelerated this year, is hardly a template for togetherness and well being.
    "Wenger's moans of disunity" Have you actually read how utterly mild and uncontentious his actual quotes were?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    There's a part of me hoping for Brendan Rodgers and 5 years of truly mediocre, to teach them a lesson.
    I said exactly the same thing this weekend. I've gone from horror at the idea of Brendan Rodgers to actually wanting it to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    "Wenger's moans of disunity" Have you actually read how utterly mild and uncontentious his actual quotes were?
    Blind hatred doesn't allow for reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    The rank hypocrisy here is all too typical of these people. They spend years calling Wenger every foul name under the sun, abusing him while he's trying to do his work, describing him as 'senile', 'incompetent' or organising marches against him or banners behind aeroplanes on high-profile occasions that do nothing but damage the reputation of the club and make us a laughing stock and cannot but undermine the performance of the team and think that's fine.

But Wenger points out in the mildest terms the negative impact such behaviour has had and these people are clutching their pearls and accusing him of behaving badly. Scum.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I'd never heard of him. And neither - by their own admission - had most of the players. Ditto the media.

You were clearly much more ITK, p.
    I suppose it wouldn't help to point out that I had heard of him then He was actually strongly linked with a job at the FA a year or so before he joined us

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    I suppose it wouldn't help to point out that I had heard of him then He was actually strongly linked with a job at the FA a year or so before he joined us
    you dirty pervert, la
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”