Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I didn't like yesterday. I thought it should be a more celebratory experience

I didn't like yesterday. I thought it should be a more celebratory experience

But Wenger has said some things that won't go down well.

I trust the board to do the right thing here but I have a feeling it's going to be a massive cock up in recent Arsenal style.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post

I trust the board to do the right thing here but I have a feeling it's going to be a massive cock up in recent Arsenal style.
    I don't see any reason why Wenger shouldn't make clear his feelings about the way large numbers of supporters have behaved.

If these pricks don't like having a mirror held up to their behaviour, maybe they should try not being spoilt, entitled little cvnts in the first place?

I think the number of YOM-types is generally underestimated.

Cócks, to a man.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I don't see any reason why Wenger shouldn't make clear his feelings about the way large numbers of supporters have behaved.

If these pricks don't like having a mirror held up to their behaviour, maybe they should try not being spoilt, entitled little cvnts in the first place?
    It's all gone to far. is it beyond repair.
    Whoever comes in will get the same treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I think the number of YOM-types is generally underestimated.

Cócks, to a man.
    Can you imagine how this lot would have reacted to the appointment of someone like Wenger in the first place?

They'd have been baying for blood that this speccy French nobody who'd just come from the Japanese league had been appointed. They'd have been calling for his head before he'd even arrived.

It's all gone to far. is it beyond repair.
    Whoever comes in will get the same treatment.
    Whoever comes in has to make sure that things look different on the pitch.

If they shore up the defence and we actually have a decent tilt at winning the league title.

That is all that matters to most fans.

If the only thing that the new manager does is drop Iwobi, that'll be fine by me. Christ, he was shít again yesterday.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

first things first.

Get Arsenal to take legal action for 'Arsenal Fan TV using the name arsenal'

There is a line to be drawn here, of course. Events that affect change invariably involve a period of unpleasantness. On the one side, bellowing abuse is unacceptable but, a half empty stadium will surely have an impact on sponsors and ultimately, the board.
    Wenger's moans of disunity I find, spoilt and a bit odd. A consistent poor run of form, which has further accelerated this year, is hardly a template for togetherness and well being.

Can you imagine how this lot would have reacted to the appointment of someone like Wenger in the first place?

They'd have been baying for blood that this speccy French nobody who'd just come from the Japanese league had been appointed. They'd have been calling for his head before he'd even arrived.
    I think all of that has been hugely overplayed. I am not expert on european football but I kinds who Arsene Wenger was and I knew he wasnt 'some bloke from Japan'.

He was mentioned in the papers fairly regularly,having a quite high profile job with Monaco and his name tended to leap off the page as it was similar to Arsenal.

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    There is a line to be drawn here, of course. Events that affect change invariably involve a period of unpleasantness. On the one side, bellowing abuse is unacceptable but, a half empty stadium will surely have an impact on sponsors and ultimately, the board.
    Wenger's moans of disunity I find, spoilt and a bit odd. A consistent poor run of form, which has further accelerated this year, is hardly a template for togetherness and well being.
    These people were agitating against him when we were qualifying for the CL and winning FA Cups. I think when it comes to accusations of being 'spoilt', people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. Wenger has a perfect right to point out how poisonous they've made the last few years.