Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dropping Aubameyang shows how pathetic he really has become

Dropping Aubameyang shows how pathetic he really has become

It's common knowledge he never wanted him, and that the signing was imposed on him by the new regime which has taken control of transfer activity. Now that it doesn't matter anymore, Wenger drops him to prove a point - "I'm still in charge". Never mind that it weakens the team, or that the player is fresh because he isn't eligible for the Europa.

Self-centered prick right to the end.

Playing the 1st team though would’ve sent out 10 kids and Per

Actually that’s something the new man had to address...a proper captain. We haven’t had one since Vieira.

Quote Originally Posted by Yesterday Once More View Post
    It's common knowledge he never wanted him, and that the signing was imposed on him by the new regime which has taken control of transfer activity. Now that it doesn't matter anymore, Wenger drops him to prove a point - "I'm still in charge". Never mind that it weakens the team, or that the player is fresh because he isn't eligible for the Europa.

You are a bitter, twisted old man.
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Well, some people just never change ,do they. I suppose we all just have to accept it.

Thanks Gab Marcotti.

Do you not think, perhaps, that he wanted to play something close to the team likely to start on Thursday in order to establish some rhythm?

Blimey, That's a bit harsh and about as disconnected as one of those Ted Rogers 321 clues.
    Why not just leave it as good news. Albeit a bit late but finally the board reached for the euthanasia needle.
    I'm of the view the old b*stard had no intention of calling it a day, and moreover would have happily signed another contract extension and driven us further into the ground.
    It's sad that he'd become quite so disillusioned but that's often the case with once great leaders.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Do you not think, perhaps, that he wanted to play something close to the team likely to start on Thursday in order to establish some rhythm?
    No, I think he considers Wenger a self-centred prick. He was quite clear on that

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    Blimey, That's a bit harsh and about as disconnected as one of those Ted Rogers 321 clues.
    Why not just leave it as good news. Albeit a bit late but finally the board reached for the euthanasia needle.
    I'm of the view the old b*stard had no intention of calling it a day, and moreover would have happily signed another contract extension and driven us further into the ground.
    It's sad that he'd become quite so disillusioned but that's often the case with once great leaders.
    I think you're right, 7sisters. He's completely unremovable. I compare him to Ceausescu. Wenger is lucky has not been shot!

Quote Originally Posted by eastgermanautos View Post
    I think you're right, 7sisters. He's completely unremovable. I compare him to Ceausescu. Wenger is lucky has not been shot!
    That's why I don't quite buy all of this hand wringing stuff. Ferguson and class are not two words I'd normally put in the same sentence but he knew exactly when to get out. Within two years of his exit, their fans were screaming to have him back.
    I can confidently predict, Wenger will never receive that level of support after he goes. Recently, he was quoted as feeling the victim of ageism. Ageism for Christ sakes ? The fact a bloke of almost 70 years is expecting to lead and get the best out of a group of 20 somethings in a field of sporting excellence is preposterous but I think that's a point where the board need to look at themselves.
    I read that he's walking away with 10m in his pocket. I'm not accusing him of being money led but that's not a bad days work for being shown the door following another season of taking the club backwards, is it ?
    Last edited by 7sisters; 04-22-2018 at 09:09 PM.