Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dropping Aubameyang shows how pathetic he really has become

I hate to show my Anglo-American prejudice but these Europeans are greedy as fvck. I recently had dealings with an Austrian for the financing of my film. He was like a great big open mouth, trying to grab every last euro cent. Finally, I had to tell him to fvck off. We take a hit for a couple weeks but afterwards we're the better for it.

Same with Wenger. No doubt he'd say that his massive payoff was justified by Arsenal profits, but this unwillingness to base his salary on some sort of lived-life standard diminished his leverage in negotiations with players. Plus it's just seedy. You see this guy being paid big bucks for finishing 4th, and you know he does not care as much about actually winning something.

Quote Originally Posted by Yesterday Once More View Post
    It's common knowledge he never wanted him, and that the signing was imposed on him by the new regime which has taken control of transfer activity. Now that it doesn't matter anymore, Wenger drops him to prove a point - "I'm still in charge". Never mind that it weakens the team, or that the player is fresh because he isn't eligible for the Europa.

Self-centered prick right to the end.
    If only we had got Davy Klassen and Michael Keane, eh. ****ing retard

Can’t wait for his book...it will hopefully provide a lot of context to what has gone on over the last decade.

He let slip something yesterday which I don’t believe he’s ever mentioned ie

Wenger say he will not pick a successor, adding: "My job is to take care of the team, the results and the finances in the transfers.‘

Can’t recall him ever openly taking ownership of the transfer finances as directly as this this imo

Maybe he’s smarter than we give him credit for and the only reason P e n is Law had a job was because Wenger knew he was hopeless so transfers would fail and not impact his job performance criteria.

Question is...whose bright idea was it to give him so much power.

About his salary...I’m guessing that’s £10m this year with a healthy bonus for a Europa League trophy and qualification back into the CL...what’s that? an extra 4 to 5 million plus the £10m for
    next year as a walking away gift.

Easy money
    Last edited by Tony C; 04-23-2018 at 08:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    Can’t wait for his book...it will hopefully provide a lot of context to what has gone on over the last decade.

He let slip something yesterday which I don’t believe he’s ever mentioned ie

Wenger say he will not pick a successor, adding: "My job is to take care of the team, the results and the finances in the transfers.‘

Can’t recall him ever openly taking ownership of the transfer finances as directly as this this imo

Maybe he’s smarter than we give him credit for and the only reason P e n is Law had a job was because Wenger knew he was hopeless so transfers would fail and not impact his job performance criteria.

Question is...whose bright idea was it to give him so much power.

About his salary...I’m guessing that’s £10m this year with a healthy bonus for a Europa League trophy and qualification back into the CL...what’s that? an extra 4 to 5 million plus the £10m for
    next year as a walking away gift.

Easy money
    No. It's reportedly for the second season. All above board and part of the contract, I suppose.

YOM is a windup, right?

He's not a real person, surely.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Do you not think, perhaps, that he wanted to play something close to the team likely to start on Thursday in order to establish some rhythm?
    The shame I feel about agreeing on something Monty has said about football.

Yesterday Once More "Self-centered prick right to the end"

Harsh on yourself but true
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

Prat Vegas? Full marks for self-awareness.