Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I have to say, I find some of the slobbering over Wenger to be over the top and

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    This is true however I am glad he is leaving and my initial reaction to the news earlier was one of not necessarily joy, but simply positive.

I look at the prospect of change and what it may bring as exciting.

Of course it could go belly up but we have a fine group of players and I for one shall be intrigued to see what another manager can get from them.

I am not entirely sure what the JCL reference was added for.
    I didn't understand this bit: 'What's happened is that the anxiety over current performances has allowed many to see what the legacy he created.'

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    My god that's a pathetic post. As obtuse and irrelevant as it is self-indulgent. You really have lost it.
    Yes mate, I've lost it entirely.

Have a nice weekend.

I didn't understand this bit: 'What's happened is that the anxiety over current performances has allowed many to see what the legacy he created.'
    The frustration of current woes is causing people to forget the great years and the position in which he is leaving the club for his successor.

I think.

Not than anybody has ever denied the great years.

I can't imagine an AWIMBer who is more anti this sort of sickly sentimentality than you, Burney. The man who can't wait to wade in post the death of a celebrity and who routinely berates people for losing their objectivity and indulging in faux remorse because it make them feel better about themselves.

And all I really said was that we should appreciate his great years but at the same time recognize his fallibility and understand that it was time for him to move on.

You're funny.
    I certainly dislike cant and rail against expressions of manufactured grief. However, this is something in which we are supposed to be emotionally invested - that is the point of being a fan, in fact.

If the departure of our greatest ever manager who brought us the best football and players we are ever likely to see in our lifetimes does not affect you in any way, you are doing it wrong. Or you just don't really get it.

Wes out!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I certainly dislike cant and rail against expressions of manufactured grief. However, this is something in which we are supposed to be emotionally invested - that is the point of being a fan, in fact.

If the departure of our greatest ever manager who brought us the best football and players we are ever likely to see in our lifetimes does not affect you in any way, you are doing it wrong. Or you just don't really get it.
    I never said it doesn't affect me in anyway. I said some of the reactions were over the top and some were hypocritical.

I never said it doesn't affect me in anyway. I said some of the reactions were over the top and some were hypocritical.
    Oh please do bore off.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Oh please do bore off.
    Run along, Rich. The big boys are playing.

If I was going to take issue with your original post it would be that you present 'project youth' as some wenger indulgence that he had 'earned' by being successful. This clearly ignores the context, which is crucial- we were under severe financial restraint thanks tothe Emirates and he was trying to find a way of building a new team without the funds to buy or retain one.

His failing has been in the last four years or so where he has had much more to spend but has completely failed to improve the side, in fact making it considerably worse.

To look at that middle period without referring to the financial side is incredibly harsh on wenger.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Oh please do bore off.
    You are showing yourself up here son, honestly step away.

Rushing in to support Sir C because you want to lick his bottom groove is in one way admirable but equally not. He is both big enough and old enough to argue his corner without your retarded inputs.

These days always cause emotions to run high on Awimb. People lose the run of themselves. People do react in an over the top way, on both sides. Jesus Christ just wait until Monty comes back. I think it is the normal behaviour now on all forms of social media.

You should have been here when we signed Jose Antonio Reyes. Good lord.

He was a Spanish footballer.