Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Bob Wilson on Stewart Robson

Bob Wilson on Stewart Robson

Bob Wilson might well have put it best back in February 2013:

“This is a guy who worked for this club up to a few weeks ago, doing the pre-match stuff on the opposition, who then went to a newspaper, without naming anybody who had given him the so-called facts about him [Wenger] being a dictator.

“Today, he’s been on every half hour on BBC Radio Five live, and this is a guy who obviously is a bitter guy because he’s no longer got a role or any employment here.”

Bob is never horrible about anyone

My recollection was that he was on Arsenal Telly back when it existed and some of his analysis was very interesting and very good. And at that time I think he was still associated with the club in some regard.

And then he got effectively sacked from the club and the rumour was that his criticisms of Wenger were the reason. And at that point he went nuclear and become an anti-Wenger rent-a-quote.

Is that accurate?

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    My recollection was that he was on Arsenal Telly back when it existed and some of his analysis was very interesting and very good. And at that time I think he was still associated with the club in some regard.

And then he got effectively sacked from the club and the rumour was that his criticisms of Wenger were the reason. And at that point he went nuclear and become an anti-Wenger rent-a-quote.

Is that accurate?
    Nail and head, I believe.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”