Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cheer up everybody. He could have been offered a contract extension.

Cheer up everybody. He could have been offered a contract extension.

Stan finally came good. ( although, it probably wasn't really Stan's doing..

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post

You havent quite captured the mood with that

Indeed but the faux grief from some quarters is a bit too much. It's Football and in management these things happen and usually in a far more ruthless fashion.
    His legacy, like Cloughs, has been somewhat soiled, and for that , it's a genuine shame. I'm not sure if the fault lies with him or the board but the club has been allowed to slide away from top contention for far too many years.
    He was a fantastic manager in his day. Likely his achievements won't be repeated but recent years have told a different story.
    This is supposed to be the top echelon of global Football management. Stability can only be maintained where there are signs of progress. You feel the Board got swept away by too much sentiment and a inability to recognise a need for change.

Indeed but the faux grief from some quarters is a bit too much. It's Football and in management these things happen and usually in a far more ruthless fashion.
    His legacy, like Cloughs, has been somewhat soiled, and for that , it's a genuine shame. I'm not sure if the fault lies with him or the board but the club has been allowed to slide away from top contention for far too many years.
    He was a fantastic manager in his day. Likely his achievements won't be repeated but recent years have told a different story.
    This is supposed to be the top echelon of global Football management. Stability can only be maintained where there are signs of progress. You feel the Board got swept away by too much sentiment and a inability to recognise a need for change.
    I think we all agree it needed doing. It doesnt mean everyone is happy about it. Like putting down an old dog.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I think we all agree it needed doing. It doesnt mean everyone is happy about it. Like putting down an old dog.
    Quite. And, as with the scenario you describe, only a cvnt would celebrate it.

Sir Alex Ferguson has shown himself to be a better person that you.

Sir Alex Ferguson. Think about that.

"I am really happy for Arsène Wenger. I have great respect for him and for the job he has done at Arsenal...I am pleased that he has announced he is leaving at this stage of the season, as he can now have the send-off that he truly deserves. He is, without doubt, one of the greatest Premier League managers and I am proud to have been a rival, a colleague and a friend to such a great man."

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Sir Alex Ferguson has shown himself to be a better person that you.

Sir Alex Ferguson. Think about that.
    Not the toughest battle the Jock has ever won.

Quote Originally Posted by AFC East View Post
    Not the toughest battle the Jock has ever won.

It's all just so sad I got to meet Arsene as a youngster at a charity Arsenal auction that my Dad went to. He chatted to me about my favourite subjects at school and showed genuine (presumably fake) interest in my answers.

I told him that my favourite player was Petit because I liked his hair & he told me that he would tell him. Of course he wouldn't have told him but he made me genuinely believe him.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    It's all just so sad I got to meet Arsene as a youngster at a charity Arsenal auction that my Dad went to. He chatted to me about my favourite subjects at school and showed genuine (presumably fake) interest in my answers.

I told him that my favourite player was Petit because I liked his hair & he told me that he would tell him. Of course he wouldn't have told him but he made me genuinely believe him.
    He probably called you a **** under his breath, r
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post

I imagine your poor father was mortified that you managed to say the gayest thing imaginable in the circumstances. Arsene probably gave him a pitying look.

'I like his hair', ffs!