Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Stewart Robson...really no need to keep sticking the knife in imo

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Also, it simply isn't possible to be that violent anymore. Sounness - although a great player as well - was also an animal.
    He would have kept VAR busy, that's for sure

Also, it simply isn't possible to be that violent anymore. Sounness - although a great player as well - was also an animal.
    this always make me laugh...

“Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Are you allowed to batter these little shíts?
    Not even allowed to raise my voice in anger.

I'd sort of blanked out the fact that Muhren played for United. He was ace with Thijssen at Ipswich, though.
    Eric Gates, John Wark in that Ipswich midfield as well - no wonder Talbot had to move to Arsenal to get a game. Actually Gates probably played up front but dropped very deep iirc

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Eric Gates, John Wark in that Ipswich midfield as well - no wonder Talbot had to move to Arsenal to get a game. Actually Gates probably played up front but dropped very deep iirc
    What was the name of that Sarf Ifriken that played for them?

I ask you as the resident football pervert, la.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    this always make me laugh...

Apocryphally, when he was playing for Rangers, his disciplinary record was so bad that you could walk into a Glasgow pub and ask for 'A Sounness', which meant 'One half and then I'm off'

John Wark, another properly hard bástard.

Noddy would get fired in, as well, and he appeared to be made out of rocks. He was never damaged.

Were there any hard men after that? Steve Williams, I suppose. Ince didn't fúck about. It was the next generation, Vieira and Keane, that lot, who were emasculated by referees.

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    What was the name of that Sarf Ifriken that played for them?

I ask you as the resident football pervert, la.
    the team I remember was Cooper; Mills, Beattie, Butcher, Osman; Mühren, Thijssen, Wark; Gates, Brazil, Mariner

Was it Mich D'Avray who came along later - he might have been a Saffa

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    John Wark, another properly hard bástard.

Noddy would get fired in, as well, and he appeared to be made out of rocks. He was never damaged.

Were there any hard men after that? Steve Williams, I suppose. Ince didn't fúck about. It was the next generation, Vieira and Keane, that lot, who were emasculated by referees.
    Perhaps it's also the decline of Scotch football that's had an effect? There's no longer a conveyor belt sending an endless supply of Pictish psychopaths south of Hadrian's Wall to wreak havoc among sassenach midfields.

the team I remember was Cooper; Mills, Beattie, Butcher, Osman; Mühren, Thijssen, Wark; Gates, Brazil, Mariner

Was it Mich D'Avray who came along later - he might have been a Saffa
    Googled it. Colin Viljoen. I can still remember his picture in my Panini sticker book.

I thought it was very glamorous of them to have a forriner when everyone else was English, Jockish, Welsh or Irish. In Ipswich, of all places.

edit - He played for England, ffs.