Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Stewart Robson...really no need to keep sticking the knife in imo

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    the team I remember was Cooper; Mills, Beattie, Butcher, Osman; Mühren, Thijssen, Wark; Gates, Brazil, Mariner

Was it Mich D'Avray who came along later - he might have been a Saffa
    Mills wasn't to be fvcked with as I recall. He also managed the impressive feat of playing top level football while looking about 50.

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Googled it. Colin Viljoen. I can still remember his picture in my Panini sticker book.

I thought it was very glamorous of them to have a forriner when everyone else was English, Jockish, Welsh or Irish. In Ipswich, of all places.

edit - He played for England, ffs.
    I could never work out Craig Johnston in this respect. Was he Australian or South African?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Mills wasn't to be fvcked with as I recall. He also managed the impressive feat of playing top level football while looking about 50.
    He was until recently, on BBC Radio Suffolk every Monday morning, without fail, to stick the boot into Mick McCarthy
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

this always make me laugh...

"And that's a booking!"

Perhaps it's also the decline of Scotch football that's had an effect? There's no longer a conveyor belt sending an endless supply of Pictish psychopaths south of Hadrian's Wall to wreak havoc among sassenach midfields.
    Fair one. Many of those closet murderers were Jockanese, there's no denying it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    "And that's a booking!"
    marginal, I thought.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

marginal, I thought.
    I think he was going for the bloke's gonads and missed.

I could never work out Craig Johnston in this respect. Was he Australian or South African?
    Australian, and therefore a wánker.

marginal, I thought.
    Hard to know. Was he going for the career-ending job on the knee or the supremely painful (but survivable) nut shot?

Hard to know. Was he going for the career-ending job on the knee or the supremely painful (but survivable) nut shot?
    Well, he missed both.

The temerity to then go down and point at his own leg