Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Stewart Robson...really no need to keep sticking the knife in imo

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    If you remove the cucumber skin it won't repeat on you.

Also, defenestrate the seeds.
    Life is too short for this nonsense you silly Dutch man.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    She is technically correct about the Nutella thing. It's an Italian product, see? Same lot who do Ferrero Rocher. So they put 'Nut' in the name, but being wops, had no idea how to pronounce it properly. Hence it is officially 'Noo-tella'
    exactly.

Another great midfield player from an era of great midfield players. What happened to all the midfield players? Now they have to be called 'central midfield players' or 'defensive' or attacking. Back then they attacked, defended, played centrally or roamed wide - complete footballers, they were. We will never see their like again.

Consider Johan Neeskens. He would protect his back four, boss the midfield, launch attacks and score goals. They were complete players. And hard. Fúcking hell they were hard.
    Perhaps the physical demands of modern football in terms of speed and so forth simply don't allow people to be that kind of footballer and last?

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    exactly.
    Doesn't make it right, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Life is too short for this nonsense you silly Dutch man.
    There is no need to be rude. I was simply trying to save your family from the stench of the foul eructations which whistle past the broken, blackened stumps you laughingly call 'teeth'.

Another great midfield player from an era of great midfield players. What happened to all the midfield players? Now they have to be called 'central midfield players' or 'defensive' or attacking. Back then they attacked, defended, played centrally or roamed wide - complete footballers, they were. We will never see their like again.

Consider Johan Neeskens. He would protect his back four, boss the midfield, launch attacks and score goals. They were complete players. And hard. Fúcking hell they were hard.
    I will share one with you from my managerial career and the challenges we face.

Just last weekend, league game, I had taken off our striker as 1) he needed a rest and 2) he is a wee shíte. Anyhow I was getting him ready to come back on and suggested he play midfield, decent wee player. He said he would like to come and play – and here I quote – “CAM” not “CDM”.

Naturally, as any of my peers would do, I turned away and urged another “Ben you’re going on in a second”.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Perhaps the physical demands of modern football in terms of speed and so forth simply don't allow people to be that kind of footballer and last?
    This may be an explanation b. You could well be right. It's impossible to compare eras, isn't it?

Still. They were an impressive breed. The sight of Sounness bossing a midfield isn't easily forgotten.

Just last weekend, league game, I had taken off our striker as 1) he needed a rest and 2) he is a wee shíte. Anyhow I was getting him ready to come back on and suggested he play midfield, decent wee player. He said he would like to come and play – and here I quote – “CAM” not “CDM”.

Naturally, as any of my peers would do, I turned away and urged another “Ben you’re going on in a second”.
    Are you allowed to batter these little shíts?

They've all grown up playing FIFA on their games machines, sw.

I'm surprised you can actually get da yoot out of their bedrooms nowadays.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

This may be an explanation b. You could well be right. It's impossible to compare eras, isn't it?

Still. They were an impressive breed. The sight of Sounness bossing a midfield isn't easily forgotten.
    Also, it simply isn't possible to be that violent anymore. Sounness - although a great player as well - was also an animal.