Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: I think what's making me most sad is that Wenger was the last link to the Arsenal

I think what's making me most sad is that Wenger was the last link to the Arsenal

I actually loved. He joined a club that was based at Highbury, was run by a Hill-Wood, was owned by a board and felt a special regardless of where we finished in the league.

He's leaving a club based in a bland, featureless enormodome, which is owned by a bewigged septic speculator, is run by bloodless corporate drones and is increasingly hard to feel any affection for.

The end of an era in many ways. We have heard the chimes at midnight imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I actually loved. He joined a club that was based at Highbury, was run by a Hill-Wood, was owned by a board and felt a special regardless of where we finished in the league.

He's leaving a club based in a bland, featureless enormodome, which is owned by a bewigged septic speculator, is run by bloodless corporate drones and is increasingly hard to feel any affection for.

Well that's really lightened the mood. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post

True, but Wenger was in no small way the force behind that change. For valid reasons, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    True, but Wenger was in no small way the force behind that change. For valid reasons, of course.
    The move to the stadium was unavoidable and correct. It may be dull, but it had to happen. The rest of it is just modern football being its sh1tty, corporate self.

Moving was the correct move...no one could’ve predicted Abramovich creating a trend by buying Chelsea.

To be honest we got off lightly because he originally wanted Spurs but they turned him down.