Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: YOU did this, you disgusting animals.

Quote Originally Posted by AFC East View Post
    Who do you think raised the issue, Kroenke or Wenger? Do you think Wenger would ever have raised the issue?
    No as he is (correctly) a manager who has total faith in his beliefs and ability and I am sure he would have been confident for next season given the introduction in January of two top level players and the assorted cast he already had in place. Factor in 2-3 perhaps new players in the summer and call me naïve but there is grounds for optimism.

Club was clearly working to this with the appointments of the scruffy German and others. Perhaps the travails of this season have just forced their hand – or perhaps their number one target is now available and it is time to act.

Quote Originally Posted by The Insider View Post
    For those with very short memories or who are just stupid ****wits....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1994%E...l_league_table

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1995%E...l_league_table

It was only the brilliance of Denis in the last match v Bolton in 1996 that made it look semi-respectable.

Some so call Arse fans should **** off up the Seven Sisters Road and replant themselves in the refurbed semi (with conservatory) in N17 - ****ers
    What exactly are you highlighting here?

Just out of curiosity.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    No as he is (correctly) a manager who has total faith in his beliefs and ability and I am sure he would have been confident for next season given the introduction in January of two top level players and the assorted cast he already had in place. Factor in 2-3 perhaps new players in the summer and call me naïve but there is grounds for optimism.

Club was clearly working to this with the appointments of the scruffy German and others. Perhaps the travails of this season have just forced their hand – or perhaps their number one target is now available and it is time to act.
    I'm guessing the process was that the new boys, Wenger and Gazidis met to discuss next season and Wenger would have asked something like 'do you all still think that I am the best man for the job?'. The feedback was probably nicely phrased but was ultimately 'no, we think we need to move in a new direction but won't force it upon you'. Wenger then decided that it was best to step down.

Was that a 'sacking'? I don't think so.

Thank you Sir C. I believe that we are of a similar age and disposition!
    Hang on! This Rodgers thing isn't actually a serious possibility, is it? Apart from being a colossal arse, the man's had sex with a transsexual, ffs! We can't have his sort anywhere near the place.

Such an appointment would kill any remaining enthusiasm I have.

On the other hand, it would serve Wenger's most vocal critics among the fanbase right.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Hang on! This Rodgers thing isn't actually a serious possibility, is it? Apart from being a colossal arse, the man's had sex with a transsexual, ffs! We can't have his sort anywhere near the place.

Such an appointment would kill any remaining enthusiasm I have.

On the other hand, it would serve Wenger's most vocal critics among the fanbase right.
    I'll go out on a very strong limb and say there is no chance whatsoever.

Sean Dyche would be more likely imo.

Thank you Sir C. I believe that we are of a similar age and disposition!
    Indeed, TI, indeed. Those of us who saw dark times are perhaps the ones in a real position to appreciate what Arsene has done for us, and the way he has upheld the dignity and the values of the club whilst doing so.

Modern football fans have very little idea about what makes us special and how Arsene nurtured and prtotected those values, I'm afraid.

Now we'll end up with just some mercenary **** who will stay for as long as it suits and then drop us. Why would he care about the values of The Arsenal?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Indeed, TI, indeed. Those of us who saw dark times are perhaps the ones in a real position to appreciate what Arsene has done for us, and the way he has upheld the dignity and the values of the club whilst doing so.

Modern football fans have very little idea about what makes us special and how Arsene nurtured and prtotected those values, I'm afraid.

Now we'll end up with just some mercenary **** who will stay for as long as it suits and then drop us. Why would he care about the values of The Arsenal?
    The thing is The Arsenal no longer cares about the values of The Arsenal. He was the last one to take that stuff seriously. Without him, it's gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    The thing is The Arsenal no longer cares about the values of The Arsenal. He was the last one to take that stuff seriously. Without him, it's gone.
    There is a small minority in the fanbase that care, but to all intents and purposes, you are correct.

The Arsenal died today.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    I'm guessing the process was that the new boys, Wenger and Gazidis met to discuss next season and Wenger would have asked something like 'do you all still think that I am the best man for the job?'. The feedback was probably nicely phrased but was ultimately 'no, we think we need to move in a new direction but won't force it upon you'. Wenger then decided that it was best to step down.

Was that a 'sacking'? I don't think so.
    Wenger ask if he's the right man for the job? That goes against everything we've seen in the last 20 years. It's more likely that he decided he isn't himself. Let's face it, why bother asking Gazidis? He's a ****ing lawyer and pretty poor CEO, not a football expert.

Quote Originally Posted by AFC East View Post
    There is a small minority in the fanbase that care, but to all intents and purposes, you are correct.

The Arsenal died today.
    We're just another fvcking club.