Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jesus h Christ I feel positively tearful.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Trent View Post
    I'm still in shock H. Is it really happening? Felt like we'd never see it.
    There'll be a deafening "One Arsene Wenger" chant on Sunday for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Actually, I can't think of a better and more appropriate way for him to leave than to lift his only European cup with the club. That would be truly brilliant and suggest that fate had smiled upon us good and proper.

So no chance then
    No. We'll get bundled out by AM and it will finish in a trio of humiliating defeats to Burnley, Leicester and Huddersfield.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    Well, as deafening as 30,000 people can be
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    No. We'll get bundled out by AM and it will finish in a trio of humiliating defeats to Burnley, Leicester and Huddersfield.
    His first match was an away game oop Norf, fitting it ends the same way
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    Which would reveal depths of hypocrisy in our supporters which - while unsurprising - will nonetheless still be pretty sickening.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Actually, I can't think of a better and more appropriate way for him to leave than to lift his only European cup with the club. That would be truly brilliant and suggest that fate had smiled upon us good and proper.

So no chance then
    I think a hollow victory for him though wes - he wanted Old Big Ears more than anything and unless he scores a job with Real, Barca or Bayern, it is never going to happen.

Which would reveal depths of hypocrisy in our supporters which - while unsurprising - will nonetheless still be pretty sickening.
    So either way it's sickening, despite being the right decision?

Remember how we castigated Spurs for their chanting of "Stand up for Martin Jol" after they'd hounded him from the club. We are no more or no less hypocritical than all football fans.

Eh? He still has enormous support amongst the regulars at the Emirates as far as I can tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    So either way it's sickening, despite being the right decision?
    The fact that it's the right decision makes no difference to the way many fans have behaved towards Wenger for ages now.

For those same fans to suddenly go all damp-eyed because they're finally getting what they wanted is utterly sickening, yes. Fvck them.