Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Going to recommission the barbie tonight, boys.

Over the years I have come to the conclusion that BBQs are actually pretty overrated purely from the quality of the food perspective. The idea that the charcoal or whatever actually imparts much flavor is nonsense imo. BBQ meat is only better because the higher heats allows you to char it better.

Nope, BBQs are nice because you can sit in the open air with - hopefully - some sun on you and swill beer or G&Ts or whatever. The food just isn't all that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Yes, but afterwards I'll just rack the device up to 500 degrees and that burns any shít off.
    You could probably dispose of a body with that thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    If something has a shelf-life of more than 12 months, it is essentially indestructible and will be as edible in 10 years as it is now. FACT.

Christ knows what's in that stuff. Mostly wax, I think.
    Good wax all the same.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Good wax all the same.
    Bacon as well? Cheese *and* bacon are a must on any decent burger. And it must be processed cheese and crispy bacon.

After that it's up to you but for me - ketchup, mustard, mayo, lettuce, onions (raw) and pickles (dill).

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Bacon as well? Cheese *and* bacon are a must on any decent burger. And it must be processed cheese and crispy bacon.

After that it's up to you but for me - ketchup, mustard, mayo, lettuce, onions (raw) and pickles (dill).

I took the young lad to Wow Burger weekend before last. The females had gone to the theatre but clearly neither of us are gay.

Bacon cheeseburger (double of course, they only do double), grilled mushrooms, grilled onions, lettuce, tomato, WowBurger sauce.

It was simply magnificent.

Side order of chilli fries which I miscalculated as spicy fries but in fact they were fries with chilli on top. Quite the beef feast.

Raw onions, pickles, jalapenos all optional extras.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I took the young lad to Wow Burger weekend before last. The females had gone to the theatre but clearly neither of us are gay.

Bacon cheeseburger (double of course, they only do double), grilled mushrooms, grilled onions, lettuce, tomato, WowBurger sauce.

It was simply magnificent.

Side order of chilli fries which I miscalculated as spicy fries but in fact they were fries with chilli on top. Quite the beef feast.

Raw onions, pickles, jalapenos all optional extras.
    Was it not terribly messy? I must admit that I'm coming around to the idea that less is more when it comes to the fillings of a burger. With an overfilled burger, you end up smeared in greasy filth and with bits of the burger dropping onto your plate/lap/shirt/trousers/dog.

Was it not terribly messy? I must admit that I'm coming around to the idea that less is more when it comes to the fillings of a burger. With an overfilled burger, you end up smeared in greasy filth and with bits of the burger dropping onto your plate/lap/shirt/trousers/dog.
    Even a Big Mac pisses me off, lettuce going everywhere

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Even a Big Mac pisses me off, lettuce going everywhere
    Overfilling is what leads people to eat burgers with a knife and fork.

Agreed. It becomes a chore. You dont really need all that **** in there anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I've got the makings of some fine cheeseburgers right here.

Interestingly, when I checked the sell-by date on the plastic cheese-flavoured product slices still in the fridge from last summer, I note that they have a shelf-life of over 12 months.
    As it's the only cooking I do, we seem to barbecue every few days
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."